Where it all began

The first time I saw you, you captivated my entire being.

Your bright blue eyes met my dark brown ones and I felt my insides melt.

Is

this

what

love

at

first    

sight

feels

like?

I was going down the stairs and you were coming up.

We didn't say anything, but who really talks at parties anyways?

I didn't see you again for another month.

It was at another party and you had someone else all over you.

I turned away not wanting to see that, it's not my business anyways because we don't know each other.

I didn't know you and you didn't know me.

I guess one of you got tired of the other because the next thing I knew you were talking to a big group of guys. I watched how you interacted with them. The way your eyes lit up- even in the dimly lit room- whenever someone said something funny, and the way one side of your mouth turned up higher than the other when you laughed. Your teeth weren't quite straight, but they were still perfect. You had dimples the size of moon craters which made my knees weak and the freckles that littered your face reminded me of constellations in the sky. I watched you playfully shove a guy for a comment he made and how you talked with your hands in such an animated way that you brought life to the room.

You must have noticed me staring I thought I was sneaky...

It wasn't until later on that I found out I wasn't being sneaky. You came up to me and asked about my night, if I have any friends here or if I'm alone.

I was completely and utterly alone.

Until you.

You joked around with me and if I stared too long you would tell me to take a picture to make it last longer, before winking at me. At the end of the night I got your number, but I thought it was a bet between your friends and you to see if I'd text you. I'm the awkward loner, why would you want to hang out with me anymore than you had to tonight?