Somewhere Special

We'd been texting for well over a month

I was still in that happy bubble you put me.

You asked me on a date one day, of course I said yes.

"Where to?" I asked

"Somewhere special." You replied.

It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen before.

The trees were sprouting bright, beautiful blossoms.

The water was a crystal blue with tiny little fish swimming around in it.

There was a meadow next to a tiny little pond that was almost out of control with wild flowers.

And in the middle of it all was a simple, light blue blanket. My favorite color. With my favorite food in a basket on top.

It had to be a dream. There's no way that someone like me could have something like this.

But it was real.

And I deserved it.

So we plopped ourselves down as gracefully as two giddy young adults could and we talked the day and night away.

We laughed and threw food at each other, in a playful manner, of course.

We laid on our backs, held each other and looked up at the stars, the constellations reminding me, yet again, of your freckles.

You named all of them, being the wonderful astrology major you are.

I was captivated.

By your voice.

By your smile.

By your knowledge.

By the gentle press of your hands on my body.

At the end of the night you held me close and told me you were happy that I stared at you for so long at that party.

That this was the best time you've had in years.

I couldn't believe my ears... years? It couldn't be, I'm not that amazing and I'm definitely not worthy of such a high standing in your life.

I laughed it off and told you I didn't think I've ever experienced such a good time in my entire life.

That gleam in your eyes when I said that set my entire being on fire.

The happiness that radiated off you couldn't be fake, and that sent me soaring through the skies.