Soft Spot (fluff)

Everyone in the FBI knew that Spencer Reid was not a fan of physical touch. He always avoided shaking hands and he would hug the team on only rare occasions. But something about you drew him to you. He didn't know what but you were the only one that was allowed to touch him. Spencer Reid had a soft spot reserved only for you.

You had joined the bureau two years ago, and you and Spencer had become fast friends. The two of you shared very similar interests as well as being close in age, Spencer only being a year older than you.

Over the two years of friendship with you he developed a pretty massive crush on you, but didn't tell you because he was afraid of ruining the friendship. Little did he know you felt the same way.

Despite the two of you being profilers, you were terrible at seeing the others true feelings. Until one day after a particularly hard case, you fell asleep on his shoulder on the jet, with your hand intertwined with his. This was nothing new for the two of you, but you've never gotten this close to each other in front of the team before.

The whole jet ride home everyone had smirks on their faces, hoping that maybe one of you would tell the other how you actually felt.

Spencer waited until the whole team was off the jet before gently waking you up. He pressed a delicate kiss to the top of your head. That was something he had never done before, but he had never felt closer to you than in this moment.

He gently shook you shoulder waking you up out of your slumber and whispered gently into your ear.

"Y/n we're home."

You woke up and noticed your head was on his shoulder. You were afraid you made him uncomfortable because he was never one to show any physical affection in front on the team. You face heated up, a blush spreading across your cheeks.

"I'm sorry Spence, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you." You mumbled still rubbing the sleep out of your eyes.

"It's okay, I didn't mind." He responded squeezing your hand, that the two of you didn't realized were still intertwined.

He started to get up grabbing both of your bags from the overhead compartment of the plane, then he grabbed your hand and helped you up from your seat.

The two of you kept your hands intertwined for the whole walk back to your car. The two of you didn't know it yet but something had changed in your relationship on that plane ride.

You both silently got into your car, still exhausted from the previous case. You both carpooled to work together everyday since the both of you lived in the same apartment complex.

That's how the two of you initially met, but as soon as you joined the BAU you developed a close friendship with him.

You drove in silence the whole way back to your apartment complex. When you pulled up, you parked your car outside and got out.

Spence grabbed both of your go-bags from the backseat of the car and you both walked to the door of the apartment building.

It had become a habit that Spencer would walk you to your door at night. You didn't mind at all, you savored all the time you were able to spend with him.

You opened your apartment door, and Spencer handed you your go-bag. He leaned in and wrapped his arms around you. You immediately reciprocated and wrapped your arms around his neck.

In response he buried his head into the crook of your neck. This was kind of a shock to you because even though hugs, and affectionate gestures was not an uncommon thing for you and Spencer. The two of you still had never gotten this close. The very thought of this made butterflies erupt in your stomach.

He sighed when he pulled away and said "goodnight"

"Goodnight, Spence."

You shut the door behind you and immediately got ready for bed.

———
You woke up in a cold sweat, immediately shooting up out of the laying position you were previously in. Nightmares were nothing new to you and they were very common with the BAU agents.

Once you had finally calmed your breathing down, you glanced over at your clock and it read 3:06 am. It was late and you knew Spencer would be asleep and you didn't want to wake him. But you really needed the comfort of another person right now, especially if that person is Spencer.

Somehow he always knew how to make you feel better. You got out of bed and made your way out of your apartment, walking up the staircase to Spencer's.

You knocked on the door hesitantly at first, but then knocked a little firmer. After a minute or two he finally came to the door and opened it.

He immediately noticed your puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks and pulled you into his embrace. You buried your head into his chest taking in his faint smell of coffee and books that always somehow managed to calm you down.

He shut the door to his apartment and walked the two of you over to his couch. He laid down on his back and pulled you onto him so you were curled up on his chest with his arms around your waist.

His hands were rubbing up and down your back bringing you so much comfort, you almost completely forgot about the nightmare.

One of the things you loved about him was that he never pressured you to talk about anything. You always eventually opened up to him but sometimes in the moment you didn't want to talk about what was going on.

Soon enough Spencer noticed your breathing even out and you were sound asleep.

His heart swelled as he watched you sleep smiling to himself that he could bring you comfort in this situation.

————
The two of you had off of work for the next two days since this last case was over two weeks long. So Spencer naturally let you sleep in as long as possible.

Once you finally woke up Spencer pressed a kiss to the top of your head and whispered "good morning beautiful."

"Morning Spence." You decided you were going to be bold this morning because you thought maybe Spencer had felt the same way about you.

So you hesitantly pressed a kiss to the underside of his jaw. You couldn't see the smile that was on his face because you buried your head right back in the crook of his neck, but you felt his arms tighten around his waist.

"Y/n," he whispered

"Yeah, Spence."

"I'm in love with you, and I'm sorry if that makes things weird but after yesterday and today, I realized how much I look forward to seeing your smile and how you face lights up when you talk about something your passionate about. I didn't ever think I would be one to like to cuddle or anything like that but that's all I ever want to do with you."

A tear of happiness fell down you cheek as you looked up at Spencer. He reached forward and cupped your face in his hands and wiped the tear of your face with the pad of his thumb.

"Spence, I love you too. I never thought I'd be able to tell you." With your admission he gently placed his lips on your pouring all the love he had for you into the kiss.

The two of you spent the rest of the day together never letting each other go. And weeks later when you announced your relationship to the team, not one of them was shocked.