Chapter 2

Hana's POV

It has already been three hours since the surgery began and there is still no sign of one of the doctors who went in to perform the surgery.

I was in the coffee shop with Sarah and she sat next to me drinking her hot chocolate.

"Where is uncle?" Sarah asks because we had not seen him since he left us in the car.

"I don't know my dear," I state as I nervously take a sip out of my coffee.

Sarah gets up and starts running around with the little car I bought for her in the shop near the hospital. I knew I had to entertain her with something because I am not in the mood for playing right now.

"Vrumm" Sarah makes motorbike noises as she drives her toy car on the floor.

"Ouch!" I hear her groan when someone bumps into her and she hits her forehead on their leg because she was on the floor.

"Sarah, are you okay?" I rush to her.

"No, he hit me on the head." She points at the man standing and giving her dirty looks.

"You little brat! This is a hospital, how am I supposed to know there would be a disrespectful child crawling on the floor with her mother who certainly lacks parental skills, sitting over there, heedlessly."

"I'm very sorry," I tell the man and he glares at me instead.

"You definitely should be. It's children with parents like you who end up growing up into criminals." He fires.

"I'm sorry, but nobody else bumped into her because surprisingly enough they have a good eyesight and can spot her from a distance. Perhaps you should check yours." I say before picking Sarah up from the floor.

"You do know who I am right? I am one of the owners of this hospital. I don't know which family member or friend you have here but I can transfer them right now to a poorer hospital where they will receive no treatment whatsoever." He threatens. By his tone, I know he is capable of that.

"I will tell my dad and he will tell you off!" Sarah yells at the man.

"It's okay Sarah. I'm sorry, we will be more careful next time." I tell him and he smirks.

"Now we are getting along. But I am afraid a simple apology won't do." He states as he steps closer towards us with a malicious expression.

"What is going on here?" I hear a strange voice behind me and Sarah and I immediately turn back.

"Daddy!" Sarah screams as she sees the man. He was tall, with a strong built. Peach black hair and green eyes. Is this the famous Sahil Aasim? Damn, nobody told me he was this fine in person! If my friends ever find out that I've been face to face to the famous lawyer who never lost a case, they will freak. More like die of envy. Let's just say with friends like mine, nobody needs enemies.

"Daddy, this man hit me and he is being mean to my new friend," Sarah tells her dad and he steps closer towards the man.

"I asked you a question. What is going on here?" Mr Aasim, Sarah's dad, speaks with a stern voice.

"I...I just... I was just apologising because I accidentally bumped into this little sweet girl... Who happens to be your daughter." The man suddenly lowers his voice like he had not been yelling at us a minute ago.

Seriously people? Do you need to be of power to have some respect around here?

"I sure hope so. Don't forget I'm two shares above you in this hospital." Mr Aasim says, more like warns, before signalling for the man to leave.