Chapter 4

Hana's POV

"You need new friends." Mr Aasim tells me as we walk to my mum's room and Sarah jumps up and down in excitement ever since Mr Aasim asked for my hand in marriage.

I knew why he was saying that. It's because the girls kept hitting on him even after he asked to marry me. Definitely, friends don't do that.

I am aware that Yasmine is the only real one I have by my side. And now perhaps Shazia too because she congratulated me, and it seemed genuine, unlike the others.

I am aware that I did not give Mr Aasim an answer yet. But I need to know whether he really meant it or if it was just to make the girls stop hitting on him.

"Daddy, when is the wedding?" Sarah asks in excitement.

"Hana hasn't agreed to it yet. Let's give her some time." Mr Aasim tells Sarah. Meanwhile, I hear my mum laugh inside the room and I suppose Qasim just said something funny. He seems to really enjoy talking to my mum. He's been there with her the whole time. I'm sure she will keep talking about repaying him back and stress herself over that again. And I cant stop thinking about Sarah and how sad she was when remembering that her dad would be taking a new case. There is also the terrible babysitter who used to physically abuse her. Although she is already in court for that, there is a chance that she could get another babysitter that hasn't got great intentions.

"Mr Aasim... It's a yes for me if you manage to convince my mum," I say to him in a hurry before I regret it. I noticed that I caught him off guard.

"Great!" We hear a voice and turn around to find Qasim outside the room. "Convincing your mum won't be hard."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Let's say that she already shipped you with Sahil."

At least my mum is in favour of this. I really hope I won't regret it. Getting married in such short notice was not in my plans. However, I know my mum will be very happy because she constantly blamed herself for her daughter not being married as I told her I wouldn't leave her side until her condition got better. And I proved my point by rejecting every man that asked for my hand so far... Until now. But why do I feel like I'm doing this more for my mother and for Sarah than for my own self?

***
Weeks felt like days and months felt like weeks. Today is the day before my Nikah to Mr Aasim and it's been kinda hectic with my mum and Yasmine going shopping everyday to look for the perfect outfit for me. I don't blame them because they seemed more excited than I did. It's my Nikah, but I'm treating it like any other wedding ceremony except mine. Which is quite strange. I always imagined my wedding and how it would be the best in the history of weddings or just the best day of my life.

"Hana, we found your wedding dress yet that doesn't mean you can lazy around now. You need new clothes!" Yasmine tells me as I am now shopping with her. My mum loves shopping, but Yasmine is the master on that. My mum left Yasmine in charge of me for the last day because we were going to go to the salon as well to do our hair, our nails and after Yasmine insisted a lot, we are going to a massage therapist.

"What do you mean new clothes?" I finally ask her.

"What do you mean what do I mean? You are not really walking around the house with those clothes you usually wear, are you? No offence."

"None taken." I roll my eyes at her.

"Listen, just like you said, all of this happened all of a sudden so you need to show him that he made the right choice. You need to make him crave you and... I'm not gonna say beg for you because you're already his... But our goal here is to drive him crazy for you." She smiles proudly. "So you need to have the best clothes to walk with around the house... Ooh, what do you think of this dress? It kinda says: 'I woke up and I rocked'". She giggles before moving on to the next section.