Chapter 10

Hana's POV

I wake up to the sunlight hitting my face and I half-open my eyes while still trying to get accustomed to the light. I look up, feeling something on my forehead. I find it to be a cloth. I remember how it got there, but I thought it was a dream. Every single one of my encounters with Sahil last night felt like a dream to me.

Weird. I even dreamt that he slept next to me last night. I must have been feeling really lonely yesterday. I don't remember ever dreaming about him.

I grab my phone to check the time and I gasp in horror when I notice that it was way past 9 am. Sarah is meant to have her karate lessons today at 10 am and we only have 10 minutes until the teacher arrives. I have never met her teacher because this is her first time having karate lessons after her summer break. I just hope her teacher won't mind if she is a little bit late to start because I'm not letting her start without breakfast.

I rush out of bed and quickly brush my teeth and throw on a random abaya and a hijab. I wore my slippers and left my room, rushing to Sarah's room. I'm surprised she is not awake yet. She usually wakes up early and starts making noise.

Wait, where is she? - I ask myself when I notice her room was empty and her bed was already done.

I look around everywhere on the upper floor to realise that she is definitely not up here. I should go on downstairs.

"Sarah!" I call her, but receive no answer. "Sarah!" I continue to call while making my way downstairs. "Sarah, where are you?"

"I'm here!"

I finally hear her voice and hear footsteps. Sarah appears in the living room while holding a pancake in one hand and a sandwich in the other. Her mouth seemed full as she couldn't even speak.

"What happened?" She asks after swallowing her food.

"I was worried about you. I looked for you everywhere." I hug her, but she wasn't able to return it as her hands were occupied.

"I was in the kitchen, eating breakfast."

"Who made you breakfast?"

"Daddy made it. He told me not to wake you up because you needed to rest." Sarah tells me to my surprise.

"Your dad is still here? Didn't he go to work?" I ask, but Sarah couldn't answer as she had once again filled her mouth with food.

"Princess, don't eat too fast. I don't want you to end up choking on the food." I tell her and she nods.

I walk with her to the kitchen and find Sahil there, I guess finishing to make breakfast. But if you ask me, he has made more than enough. This is a whole banquet I see. But I won't complain. He cooked exactly my favourite things for breakfast.

"Assalamu Aleykum." Sahil greets since I wouldn't say anything. I was just amazed at everything this morning.

Wasn't he supposed to be at work?

"Wa Aleykumu Salam. Is anyone coming?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"No, why?" He asks and I look at Sarah who now had a moustache from drinking the smoothie that her dad made.

The food looks and smells really good. I didn't know Sahil could cook this good.

"Sit down. I also made scrambled eggs. I hope you like it." Sahil says.

Is he kidding me!? I love scrambled eggs! And wait, is that what I think it is? Why do they look so good? I don't let anyone do my scrambled eggs for breakfast because only I know what ingredients I like in it. My grandma used to add some weird things to it and I always refused to try it, but once I did, I fell in love with it and from then on, grandma's scrambled eggs became my favourite. I hope he made them exactly the same way.