Chapter 25

Hana's POV

I hug Sahil tight as I remember the final Verdict given by the judge. Mr Andrew was found not guilty and was freed from charge. Meanwhile, Mr Smith had to stand another court trial. But this time for the claimed sexual assault mentioned by Miss Elsie.

"You were impressive. I am very proud of you. Mashaa Allah." Sahil speaks and my smile widens as I part from him.

"It wasn't me. Alhamdulillah, Elsie decided to turn back on her decision of witnessing against him. This totally caught Mark by surprise because he did not expect Elsie to turn against them last minute." I add and then see Mark make his way towards us along with his team, including Mr Smih.

"Well done on the fair trial." Mark directs the words to Sahil, but for some reason, his eyes were on me.

"I also congratulate you. Compared to other trials you only submitted one piece of fake evidence in this one." Sahil speaks sarcastically and Mark smiles, obviously a fake one.

"This is not the last you've heard of me." Mark gives notice, which sounded like a threat. "I didn't catch your name, Miss." He turns to me. As he was about to step forward towards me, Sahil holds my hand, which caught Mark's attention, making his smile grow. "Or shall I say, Mrs." He corrects himself when he notices the ring on my finger.

"Hana... Hana Khalil." I finally respond to him.

"The great lawyer afraid of commitment has finally found his damsel. I hope to see you again Mrs Khalil." He directs the words me and with that, walks away.

"Mark is not someone you want to be close to. Avoid him at all costs." Sahil tells me and I nod in response.

"Mr Attorney Aasim." We hear someone call Sahil. Turning back, we find Mr Andrew jogging to us. "I can not express enough how grateful I am to you. In fact, to both of you. I started losing hope because of how powerful of a man Mr Smith was, but you made me believe again. Thank you so much." Mr Andrew surprises Sahil with a hug.

"It's okay," Sahil responds as he parts from him.

"Mrs Khalil, thank you for bringing Elsie back to her senses. I haven't heard of you before, but I'm sure soon your name will be everywhere. You are great at your job." He speaks enthusiastically before trying to embrace me as well, but I step back.

"I'm sorry, I'm not a hug person. Your gratefulness is enough. We also appreciate your cooperation during the case." I say, feeling awkward for rejecting his hug. "However_"

"What is it? Is the case not over yet?" Mr Andrew asks worriedly.

"Not about the case. I just think there's someone who would like to apologise to you." I say when I notice Elsie watching him from afar.

Andrew turns back to lock eyes with Elsie. "Well, after all, she helped me out today. I think I should listen to why she did what she did." Andrew gives us a smile before waving goodbye and leaving towards Elsie.

***

I was telling Yasmine all about the trial this morning and as always she was gassing me up like I've done something unique. We were sat at a table in a restaurant, not so far from Yasmine's house, having dinner.

"But enough about the trial, how are you?" I ask.

"Not bad. Just preparing for our second exam."

"I've been meaning to ask."

"What is it?"

"Why didn't you want us to meet up at your house?"

"Oh, that, it's nothing much."