Ch-5 Maths and Myths

"Chandni, Angraj will come to your room tonight. Don't you dare make excuses. I am not going to listen any of your excuses this time. Be ready."
Those were the words of Umrao to her daughter Chandni.

Chandni would have cursed her destiny to give her such an ignorant mother. But then Angraj's words would echo in her mind. It was not her mother's fault, she was raised this way.

She smiled at Angraj's thought. Finally she found a friend. She never made any friend. Because firstly, no one will like to befriend with a prostitute's daughter and secondly, she did not want anyone to know about her background. It was the main reason she never attended school or college.

But she would definitely make friends in the future. When she will have an identity of her own. When she will be known for her talent. When she will be respected by the society.

"Angraj is coming to your room tonight?" Kangana asked with jealousy dripping from her words.

Chandni, who was reading her book while sitting on the swing in the garden, looked at Kangana with a puzzled expression.

Kangana was jealous, because she was attracted to Angraj. However, if she got to know that he was actually going to help Chandni in studies, she would definitely laugh like a hyena do. But for sake of her safety from her mother, Chandni could not tell Kangana about it. But she didn't wanted to make her sad either.

"Kangana, why are you sad about it? There are many other women as well who would have spend nights with him."

"But none of them was like you. You can't see what I can see."

"And what is it that I can't see?"

"You will know very soon. It's just that I was interested in Angraj and felt hurt. But... just leave it."

Kangana left, puzzling Chandni with her riddles. Kangana wasn't dumb, she was innocent and honest.

Chandni shrugged off and continued reading her book.

☆☆☆

It was finally night. Chandni was excited as well as nervous.

"Finally I will have a help in studies. Only I know how difficult it was to study from home for all these years till now. But I am scared as well. What if he actually..... no, no, he will not. He is not like that. But I can't help this nervousness."

The knock on the door broke her self-conversation session. She went to open it and was greeted by the sight of Angraj in a black Kurta.

She kept looking at him, reason was unknown to her own self. He gave her a weak smile, thinking if he has something on his face.

She stepped back and he entered her room. He examined every corner with keen eye within ten seconds. It was very different from other rooms in the Kotha. It was simple and little girlish while other rooms were always decorated with colourful lights, filled with smoke of Hukka and intoxicating perfumes.

"May I ask a question?" Angraj said still looking around the room.

"Yes."

"Why girls are so fond of pink?"
He pointed at pink curtains, pink bedsheets and pink walls.

"Not all girls are fond of pink. Yeah, majority likes this colour that too only because they are surrounded by pink since they are born. It's natural."

"Hmm." He nodded understandably.

"Why you are so fond of black? You mostly wear black Kurta."

"So you notice my clothing." He smirked.

She frowned.
"Like you never noticed my dressing?"

"Never. Why would I be noticing your dressing?"

"So you didn't even notice my black lehenga on the evening of dance competition?"

"That was white, not black."

"But you said you never noticed my dressing."

He opened his mouth to make an excuse but nothing came out of it. He simply changed the topic.
"Stop this dressing-dressing of yours and bring your books. Ignorant girl." He expressed fake anger.

"Arrogant guy." She mumbled and brought her books from the study table.

Angraj sat on the bed. She too seated at a respectable distance. She forwarded her book.

"Maths? That's easy."

She frowned at the way he said it so confidently.
"It's MATHS. How can you say that it's easy? It's like a torture to study maths."

"That's the problem. You study maths. Maths is like a game. You need to know the tricks and do practice regularly."

"It is easy to say, but hard to do."

"Trying will not hurt, madam.
Okay tell me, why maths is always sad?"

"Because majority of students hate it."

"NO, maths is always sad because... It has problems!"
He began laughing at his own joke. But when Chandni looked at him like he is an alien, he understood it was a terrible joke.

But at the end she actually began laughing. Not because of that terrible joke but because of his nervous expression.

He too joined her, unknown to the fact that he is the joke himself.

Out of blue they heard knock on the door. Their laughter paused. Chandni stood up to open it but Angraj stopped her.

"What?"

"Remove your dress."

She could not believe on her ears. Did he for real told her to...?

☆☆☆

Reads have increased. I am happy for that.

Thanks to xukai2020
For giving it a chance and most importantly for voting. This chapter is on her demand.

It was getting hard to write this story because in the beginning what I had planned it to be seemed very unreal to me later. So I changed my mind. I myself have no idea what will happen next.