|Bonus Chapter • His Channa|

“Baba!”Chahana ran to hug her father as she saw him entering the room.

“Channa, why are you still awake?”Angraj asked while picking up his four-year-old daughter in his arms.

“Mama scolded me.”She replied with a pout.

“Baby, Mama is carrying your sibling. She can get angry sometimes. But you know she loves you a lot.”He tried to make her understand while walking further into the bedroom.

“But I wanted to eat ice cream. There was nothing to scold about.”But Chahana was a stubborn kid, someone who never admits her mistake, much to her parents' dismay.

Angraj avoided any further argument with his daughter, because he knew she won't understand. She was just a kid, he couldn't expect her to be mature and understanding.

His eyes fell on the bed, where Chandni was sleeping while hiding in a duvet. Her babybump looking bigger covered beneath a duvet.

“Now listen, be obedient in front of Mama. If you want anything, tell me only.”

Chahana politely nodded, even though she wanted to complain that he's hardly home for past few weeks.

Angraj put her to bed and left to get freshen up.

Now Chahana looked at her Mama, who was sleeping like a baby. She was angry with her for denying her ice cream and scolding her for no reason. But she couldn't sleep without hugging her Mama. So she wrapped her tiny arms around her. Chandni immediately recognised her daughter's touch and smiled. Her wrapped her arms around her little angry bird who keeps getting angry over little-little issues.

Angraj had just exited the bathroom when he looked at the mother-daughter duo. And he was not at all surprised. It happens like seven days in a week.

He joined in his little family on the bed. He caged his daughter in his protective arms as the Baba Bear she calls him. Chandni opened her eyes, and passed him a look somewhere in between a glare and a smile. A very welcoming half-smile accompanied with an angry glare.

But he, with a very innocently cute smile adorning his face, softly pulled her cheek. Chandni's glare deepened and she pinched the same hand of his that was pulling at her now chubby and cute cheeks.

“Chanda!”He whined in a soft whisper, because Chahana hates when they disturb her sleep with their stupid arguments and quarrels.

“Why are you so late?”She whisper-yelled at him.

“Chanda, you know naa, elections are coming. I have to look after the preparations for the campaigns.”Even though he knew she won't understand a single thing, because for her politics is all about making promises and yeah, that's it. You don't need to do anything else. Just sit and make money. Only if he was like other illiterate criminals turned into politicians. Angraj wanted to bring some serious changes in this society of sheeps.

“I am sitting at home for months leaving my dance school and you can't even come home early?”There was no change in the degree of anger in her tone.

“Sorry.”From his angry tone she understood she went overboard with her melodrama. Angraj left the bed and moved to the wide, airy balcony attached to it.

Chandni followed him after making the legendary pillow walls around a sleeping Chahana. Legendary because no couple or kid can sleep without pillow walls in the realm of Wattpad. Authors are too concerned for kids and too cliche for couple.

Ask the author, yaar, who used to fall from bed almost every night when she was young and won't even realise unless told.

Back to the cliche, I mean, couple. 😅

Chandni approached a visibly upset Angraj standing in the balcony. Wind dancing in their surroundings.

She didn't dare open her mouth. Because she knew she will end up passing a sarcastic comment, just like every other time.

So she wrapped her arms around his torso and leaned against his shoulder. While he maintained his angry mode with crossed arms on chest.

But soon Chandni understood he won't budge.

She moved to stand in front of him. Her arms snaked around his neck. Her face coming closer to his. Her babybump made it a little difficult though. She could see a hint of smile on his facial expressions. But that's it. The smile never came. It left just the way he left separating their bodies.

He removed the pillows and lie down on the bed again, engulfing his Channa.

Chandni now felt guilty for being so insensitive. She should have tried to understand his concerns and duties instead of throwing tantrums.

She also lay down againt the mattress, facing him. Her hand moved to caress his face. He didn't object, which encouraged her efforts. Again she witnessed the same hints of smile in his features. However, this time before the hints could fade away, she kissed him. And immediately withdrew from the liplock. Because she didn't want Chahana to ask about the smooching sound she heard in her sleep. Nor she wants Chahana to understand that it was a kiss when she will be of her mother's age.

But the loss of touch made Angraj whine. Chandni eyes indicated towards Chahana, trying to convey that making out in the same room where their daughter is sleeping, is a terrible idea.

So he pulled her wrist into his hold. Kissing her palm, he put it beneath his head. Using it as his pillow. Her cold fingertips sending shivers to his scalp while her warm palm soothed his red cheeks.

She smiled looking at him.

“Good night, Ang.”

“Good night, Chanda.”

And they closed their eyes. Trying to catch some sleep, before welcoming a new dawn of hopes, stopping by few dreams that they won't remember in the morning.

•••

Just a simple chapter giving insight to Angraj and Chandni's future and of course, their Channa.

It's February 27, 2022
Exactly a year ago I had published the first chapter of this book.

To be honest, I didn't expect this book to gain so much appreciation. I mention this again and again that I never liked writing His Chanda. I simply wanted to end what I started writing. Because even at that time I could see that this story was making some difference in just a few weeks.

Some readers had wrote that this story gives a social message and focuses on the evil of prostitution. But I never intend to give any kind of message. I was just 14 and trying to write whatever came to my mind.

However, all the credit of my way to create and plan stories goes to Indian Soaps. And I am serious. I used to watch Hindi serials a lot. And maybe that's the reason I started creating stories in my mind.

Hopefully, I'll continue writing my ongoing stories and upcoming ones soon. It's just that I am busy completing my notes and exams are starting from March 9. Moreover, weather is also changing and these are very lazy, boring days.

Enough of my rant.

Bye!

Happy Sunday!

And Happy Maha Shivratri in advance!

•••

NOTE: Chahana's story is called His Channa. Do check it out!