Ch-7 If You Remember

It was past midnight. Chandni was waiting for Angraj. She had her final year exams in just a few days. Angraj was her only lifeline for help in studies.

He was good at professing. Actually all males are better at teaching than females. Reason was unknown to Chandni, but she truly believed in it.

Angraj and Chandni were now best buddies to be exact. Both of them had complicated lives, they were each other's temporary escape from their lives.

Sometimes they would think about what will happen next. Their lives won't be like this forever. There will come a time when they will have to part their ways. However, they focused more on their present than the unseen future.

In their time together both of them noticed each other's habits. Like, Angraj had a habit of sleeping bare chest. Initially it annoyed Chandni but she let it go when Angraj totally ignored her protest.

Chandni had a routine of dance practice before sleeping, to which Angraj would give stupid comments and imitate those rich men shown enjoying dances in Kothas in those old movies from the golden era of Indian cinema. And the very next moment he would be hiding behind the bed to safeguard himself from his Chanda's chappal, which would come flying into his direction.

Chandni used to hide her favourite chocolates in her cupboard, which became apparently Angraj's favourite as well when she once offered him a bar of it. However she regretted it later. The very next evening Angraj ate all of the chocolates when she wasn't present in the room.

Chandni really liked his Kurtas. According to her those were more comfortable. She even requested him to give one Kurta to her, which he actually did.

The biggest part was they slept on the same bed, but at a good distance. Angraj never even thought to cross any limit, because what he felt for her was far from lust. His intentions were pure.

The clock was ticking and Chandni was pacing in her room. She was worried.

Why he didn't come till now?

A knock on the door broke her trance. She opened the door and found Angraj standing there.

"Finally you came! I was worried for you."

She closed the door after he entered the room.

"I had some matters to handle."

Chandni noticed a slight change in his movements.

Angraj laid on the bed with his stomach pressing against the soft bedsheet.

"Oye! Aren't we gonna study?"

"Not tonight. I am exhausted, please."

"That's understandable. But you please remove your Kurta before falling asleep. You will feel uncomfortable."

Kurta reminded him that Chandni was wearing his white Kurta, which he gave to her on her sincere yet scandalous request.

"You look appealing in my Kurta." He gave a sweet smile.

"That I know very well." She was now used to his harmless flirting.
"But remove your Kurta, Ang. You will be uncomfortable."

"I won't. Let it be."

She moved to him, standing at his side of bed. She was very well aware now that he would be unable to sleep in his Kurta.