DINNER

LIAM'S POV

I woke up and sat on my bed recalling everything that happened yesterday, no matter how hard I try I just couldn't get that guy out of my head, and to be honest I was worried hoping he was okay after yesterday.

In intention to clear my mind, I went down stairs when I reached I sat on the stool and was surprised to see James standing in the living room " morning ... Alpha " he greeted I smiled and nodded my head " we have to go to the pack house ... your dad wants to keep his office so you need to see your knew one ... " James said as he sat near me, I smirked remembering that I didn't have to seat in my dad's office as I helped with the packs files as usual, but I get an office to myself " yeah I forgot about that ... " I said trying to act casual but it didn't work " Liam, I can tell whatever was bothering you yesterday is still bothering you, what happened? ..." he said and I shrugged " please ... " he begged.

" I-I found my ... m-mate ... " I said as I put my head on the counter " that's great why aren't you happy? ... " he said and I rolled my eyes " who is she?... " he asked excitement in his voice I frowned " that's ... that's the problem its not a ... she " I said getting up and going back up the stairs to my room " Oh come on ... it's ... OK " he said following me " no ... no ... it's not OK, the guy f*cking doesn't even have a wolf ... " I said plopping down on my bed I just stared at the ceiling as James tried to compose himself not knowing what to say.

After a long silence I sighed ... " you mated her didn't you ... " I asked referring to the girl he told me about he smiled and nodded " how did you know? ... " he asked still smiling " dude, your scents all mixed up ... and the way you were acting " I said getting up and going to the shower, I took a nice long bath trying to relieve my self from all the stress I was having and I know James is my friend but in away him having a perfect time with his mate is pissing me off yet I'm supposed to be happy for him.

I wanted that, the perfect mate but I got a guy basically human ... I walked out of the bathroom and went to my closet to get dressed, when I finished sat down on my bed near James " are you going to reject him? ... " he asked and I stared at him I didn't know, I wouldn't want to hurt him but I didn't want him ... I just ignored his question and got up heading down stairs I picked an apple and walked out the door " you didn't drive ? " I asked not seeing his car " no, ... " he said walking over to my car I went inside and grabbed one of my car keys and joined him in the car.

We drove to the pack house and were immediately joined by one of the pack advisors informing us what we need to know, he lead me to my new office and minutes later I was joined by my dad, we talked about the things I had to do the meetings I need to attend as I was organizing my office, I nodded confirming everything he said not like I didn't know what I had to do.

After about an hour, he left me to finish my work as it was becoming heavy, it was about 3:30 pm when I heard a knock on the door and in came my mom she looked more than excited, as she smiled at me as she sat on the chair in front of my desk " mom ... are you OK? ... " I asked getting worried " I know you found your mate ... sweetheart why didn't you tell me? " she asked as she frowned and I just sat there staring at her how did she know, James, I thought " w-who told you mom?... " I asked and she winked " your dad, ... " she said smiling " I didn't tell him anything. how does he know that? ... " I said confused.

" honey me and your dad have been there and honestly he wasn't sure if it was true, it was a hunch and know you have made me believe it's true " she squeaked I put my head on the table knowing she won't go unless I told her " who is it ?... " I was glad her mind did go straight to she oh it would be disappointing " uh, he's some guy I met at the party ... " I said quietly, she was silent for a while with a blank face before a smile creeped on to her lips " well, that's wonderful, even if it was a shocker ... when can I met him, love? " I frowned when she asked realizing I didn't know who he was or even his name.