MY MATE

CARTER'S POV
I woke up in the morning cleaned the house did our usual routine and was once again locked in the room while our uncle and aunt left to do there usual jobs.

When they came back, surprisingly they never hit us they just went up stairs, " Carter, Carter … " our aunt called " yes … " I said coming out of the room  " Carter, I need you to cook a very heavy dinner, me and your uncle are having guests over and we want the house spotless, OK … " aunt linda said coming down stairs I nodded and with that she walked out the door to her car and took my surprise my uncle was already in the car and they drove off.

Me and my brother cleaned the house while playing little games as the dinner was cooking, I had put a turkey with vegetables and roasted potatoes to cook so we could do two things at a go, we finished cleaning and the cooking was almost done so I began on there dessert with Charlie's help we chopped up some fruits and mixed them with ice cream before putting them in the fridge then lastly we made lasagna. Just in case they didn't like the turkey.

Once we had cleaned up there car pulled up in the drive way and they walked in the house " your done … " she asked and I nodded " show me … " she comanded I opened the oven and showed her the turkey and she smiled  " and for dessert … there is ice cream with fruit, I scooped it out and placed them on plates there in the fridge and there is more in the container and just in case I also made lasagna " I said as I showed her everything she smiled and looked around the house making sure it was clean " good at least your not so useless … " she said walking over to us " charlie, come here let me see your face … " she said pulling Charlie and I held his hand just incase she got rough " uh … your also still have bruises … both of you go outside and stay there come back in the morning OK … just go to the forest with your sweaters and sleep under a tree or something I just don't want any of you near here " she said pushing us outside the back door " bye … " she said as she slammed the door " she wanted to say we were her kids again, didn't she ?… " charlie asked and I rolled my eyes " let's go find a good spot before it gets dark … " I said and charlie ran into the forest as I followed him chasing him as he laughed " woah … Carter there's a river here … " Charlie said stopping a head and to my surprise he was right.

We stopped there and sat down " I think this is good, it's going to be like we are camping outside … " he said trying to lighten up the mood " yeah your right … we can lay here don't you think … " I said and he nodded we talked about anything and just took in our surroundings it felt nice. 

The sky grew darker and the window grew stronger, we never even had our sweaters, I just sat on a rock and watched Charlie play with stones to kill boredom then I felt someone behind me I turned around and saw the guy who saved me the other day leaning on a tree watching me, I turned around and tried to calm my breathing, what was he doing to me ? He was probably here for his jacket and I didn't have it what am I supposed to do now, I turned back and saw he was walking towards me, he sat down on the rock but on the other end so we weren't close.

" what are you doing out here? … " he asked and I shrugged not knowing what to say " uh … I don't have your jacket I left it behind but I promise I'm going to give it back to you … " I said in one breath and he looked at me confused and I wondered whether I said something wrong he nodded and stayed quiet " what's your name?… " he asked  " uh … C-Carter … " I said quietly " who's he? … " he said pointing to my brother who was in his own world " that's my brother … " I said and he nodded " what are you doing out here ? … " he asked again I frowned and thought of something " we wanted to see the water … that's all " I said as fast as I could be nodded and stayed quiet like he was thinking after a few minutes he got up and left.

Confused I just stayed silent and watched my brother, when the guy was out of sight I lay on the ground and watched the stars " Carter … can we eat them now ? " charlie asked pointing at the packet of chips in his pocket and I nodded since we never ate anything today we couldn't help it but take a packet of chips from the pantry.