Basketball P.E. Class 2 - Mashi

Mashi and I walk silently as we head towards the cafeteria. Upon arriving, I try to find the wall clock to see what time it is. Oh no, it's almost 5 in the afternoon. My class is done and Mashi has a scheduled basketball practice in a while. He takes a seat while I buy some sports drink and water for him. I paid for it and offered it to him. He looks up and whispers a thanks before I sit down beside him.

"(Y/N)."

"Hmm?" I look at him, wondering.

"I'm sorry for the outburst, those girls weren't treating you nice and you don't deserve that." He answers.

"It's okay, you didn't have to say sorry. You just did what is right." I replied.

"So umm, do you have to go home soon?"

"Not really, I could stay for a little while. I'm already finished with my homeworks anyway."

"Well, then, I was wondering if you'd like me to teach you some basketball. You know, even just a few basic ones." Teach me? Wait, teach me?! Is he serious?

"You'd do that?" I say with my eyes wide open.

He laughs and nods. "Yes, if you want to learn. I honestly wouldn't mind."

Hmm I suppose that's okay. But wait, he's got a basketball practice. I would intrude.

"Okay then sure but don't you have-"

"Don't worry about my practice, we've got time before that starts. Let's go!" He cuts me off then pulls my hand and drags me back to the gym.

As we arrive, he tells me to wait by the bleachers while he goes to the locker and changes. Its a good thing I haven't changed yet, well basically I didn't have a chance to do so because of what happened.

Gosh, those girls were harsh. "Finally, you've acknowledged that missy." Oh, shush brain, I know. Sometimes, people think picking on others is fun, especially calling out on the victims' so-called weak spot which isn't nice.

"(Y/N)!"

I turn my head and see Mashi walking while dribbling a basketball. He looks charming as always. I walk down the bleachers and meet him at the free throw area.

"You ready?" He asks and hands me the ball.

"I'm honestly nervous." I get the ball and look at it.

"You'll do fine. You got me and I trust you. Have some for yourself." He smiles and I smile and the class starts.

He guides me with the simple basics. How to dribble while being on guard from your opponent so the ball doesn't get snatched from you. I tried taking a shot near the hoop and whenever I do 5-10 consecutive ones, I go a little bit farther. It was honestly tiring but it was fun. I may not be into sports but being able to experience it well with someone who is passionate about it is something worthwhile.

I take a pause and pass the ball to Mashi before I stand still and wipe my sweat. He catches it easily and does a few lay-ups and three pointers. A lot were really sleek ones and I must say, he's really good at playing the sport. I hear footsteps and I think that's his teammates. I walk to the bleachers and take a seat and watch them arrive. A few waved at my way and said hello. I waved and gave them a smile.

"Mashi, you're here early!"

"Yah, hyung. Don't be too hard on us later."

"I bet he got something prepared for us already."

"Just know that you'll have a good time during this practice." Mashi replies and I hear the guys groan. He just laughs at them and jogs toward me. I hand him his water bottle and he takes a drink.

"Thank you for all of that Mashi. It was better than I expected it to be."

"Honestly, your performance was better than I expected (Y/N). Good job! I know you're not fond of doing this much but I hope it was fun for you."

"It is, don't worry. Maybe we could do it again a few times."

"Yeah, I would love that. There's a court nearby your village. I could go visit you there and we could play."

"I'd be sure to beat you next time." That is so impossible and we both know it. Both of us laughed.

Time!