Parallels don't meet unless you want it to - Hyunsuk

I wonder where the people are. Guess this time's just for me, the view of the Han River is so nice tonight. It's a Saturday night and I've been wandering for a peace of mind. Life has been on the surge for the past few days and every moment just gets tiring.

I shiver as the cold breeze comes my way. I breathe on my palms and rub them together to form some kind of heat for temporary warmth. Gosh, it's so cold for a summer night. I take my phone from the pocket of my coat and take a few photos of the scenery before I go. Someday, if I don't have time to come back here, I'll just remember this moment.

I look at the photos I took, these are so nice. I put my headset on and played some music before putting my phone back to my pocket and started walking. Hmm, it's almost midnight. Should I get some coffee or maybe some ice cream? Well, why not both right? Hahahaha, I'll probably stop by the convenience store before I go home.

I continued to walk and checked if there were vehicles coming. I gave some time in case some drives by. After seeing there's no one coming, I started walking while looking straight ahead. I was half way when someone tugs me by my arm.

"Please, don't hurt me!" I shout with my eyes closed as I hold my hands up halfway. The person took off my earphones. "What do you want? I don't have money! I'm sorry." I continue exclaiming.

"Miss, I won't hurt you. I don't want anything as well, but please, next time don't walk while wearing earphones in the middle of the night. You almost got hit by a speeding car." A gentle voice says and its from a guy.

I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I mumbled an apology and bowed to the person. I look up to him and gave a small smile. He's wearing a coat and a beanie. The guy smiled at me and fixed my hair that's blocking my face. He's charming and nice, gosh.

"Well, I shall go now. Stay safe, miss." He nodded and started walking away.

I was about to reply when everything went dark.

I open my eyes and the sun shines making me squint. Fuck, was that only a dream? The guy was— wait, I don't know him. Yet, why does he seem familiar? Well, that wasn't real so probably I may or may not see him in this world. Chances are small but I manifest to meet him again someday. That dream seems so surreal and that's why there were a few people only.

A few months later...

I'm currently at Subway, sitting at a booth seat as I eat my sandwich before I go home. I'm just so lucky today because I was able to get a seat. The restaurant was almost fully occupied when I came. Also, work is done hours ago and I'm so thankful this week has a breathable schedule than the past ones I have. I happily listen to BigBang's song Fxxk It as it plays on the television of the restaurant. I really miss them a lot. I was tapping my foot when someone touched my shoulder softly. I look back and my eyes widen the moment I see who it is. He seems familiar. I think I've seen him before but where?

"Umm, excuse me. Are you with someone?" the guy asked. I looked at him confused. Was he asking me if I was single?

He notices my reaction and rubs his nape as he realized what he just asked. "Oh sorry, that's not what I meant. I was wondering if there's someone occupying the other side of the table. "

"Oh, no worries, go on. Feel free to sit." I smiled at him and gestured him to fill in the seat.

"Thank you, I could barely see any available seats at the moment. The resto is full today." He says as he places his order at the table and settles comfortably.

"Yeah absolutely, I heard that it's pretty jam-packed today here at Subway ever since lunchtime. I guess its a Sandwich Day."

We chuckled at the same time before an awkward silence stills as we eat our food. I glanced at him from time to time. I'm trying so hard to remember when I saw. Then it clicked. Oh fuck, he's the guy from my dream months ago. I really can't believe it. He caught me looking at him and smiled. I turned away so he couldn't see how red I was.

"By the way, I'm Hyunsuk and you are?" He offers a hand.

I shake it with mine. "My name is (Y/N). It's nice to meet you Hyunsuk." I smiled.

"Well, it's nice to finally meet you again Miss." He says and sweeps my hair to the side of my face and settling it behind my ear.

Meet? Again? I shake my head and chuckled. That made me realize: When you really want something, no matter how impossible it could, the universe could make it possible for you. Even if chances are big or small.

♥  

Time!