Fanmeet 2 - Doyoung

"Bestie, are you excited for today? Because I am!" Polly squealed. It's August 7 already. Time sure flies fast.

"Of course, it's their anniversary today. Really can't believe they've come so far." I smiled with the thought. It's been 7 years since they had their debut and it's been more than a decade since I last saw Doyoung in person. I may not be ready to see him again after so long but fate thinks I am.

"(Y/N)!" I heard my name being called by Polly.

I look at her with my eyebrows raised as I wonder why. She handed me my phone so I took it.

"It's been ringing. It must be urgent." Polly says and I replied thanks to her before checking what's up.

Its missed calls from the research center. Hmm, I wonder why. I was about to return the call when a message came.

+82-***-****-278 (Research Center)

Good day (Y/N),

Sorry for the late notice but we are in need of staff today. The seniors that were in-charge are sick and just gave a notice last night. The Director kindly asks for your presence to fill one of the positions today, saying she has her trust that you'd be able to manage their work. To be honest, there's not much to do but it's quite heavy for us scheduled today. Rest assured you'll be given compensation for filling in today.

Regards,

DRC Allied Staff

No! Why does it have to be today? Can't it be any other day? My shoulders drop as I let out a sigh. I looked back at my phone and read the message again a few more times.

Wait. Why am I complaining? I mean, I should be happy right because I won't be able to go and see him? Oh, Doyoung! Who am I kidding? I want to see you...so bad. I want to hug you and tell you how much I'm so proud of who you've become. That I've always wondered how you were at school and being a trainee at the same time. It must have been hard but you worked hard and now you've come so far.

Doyoung's POV

It's past 5 in the afternoon and raindrops were streaming down the window pane. I watched it fall slowly while I was sitting down on the chair with my chin resting on my hand. This day has been really wonderful. I'm currently waiting for the last person I'm going to meet and greet today while the others continue enjoying theirs. I honestly can't wait for that person to come. (Y/N). I'm actually seeing her again after so long. I was surprised when I saw her name under my list for today's event. I didn't mean to sneakily peeked at the paper this morning. Not my fault that it was just lying on the table with other papers. Hahahaha!

You know, it has been 12 years since we last saw each other. She was wearing her school uniform as she stood on the school's stage for the second to the last time because the next day she was graduating, while I was just finishing my meeting with the school principal about my schedule as an official YG Trainee because it was about to start the next day as well. That same day as the sun was about to set, a secret was unveiled. A hidden truth that I honestly didn't expect. Something that I thought was just one-sided but it wasn't at all. She likes me. Noona, likes me back. Wait, scratch that...(Y/N) likes me back and it made me so happy to know about it.

I remembered I was planning to approach her about how I feel towards her, that I also like her the same way she does, but I wasn't able to see her that day anymore. I also tried on her graduation day, even bought a bouquet of violet irises for her, but she was nowhere to be found after the ceremony. I still wanted to give it to her as a gift so I thought of her mom. Good thing our parents know each other so that took a little bit of nervousness off my chest. It was still nerve-cracking when I asked her mom if it was okay to give it to her. She smiled sweetly at me and nodded, taking the flowers as I handed them over. I was able to sigh in content after that. I never thought I would be able to do such a thing to be honest.