1

Three year old Raven was watching as her mother was giving birth. Raven knew having a second child was illegal since her mother kept on telling her nobody was allowed to have more then one child. Raven was still confused since she was still so young. Her mother was an alcoholic and barely took care of Raven as it is.

Raven was waiting for her mom to stop pushing to give her the blanket. Then you could hear crying and Ravens mother took the blanket from her hand and wrapped her baby in it.

"It's a girl, she looks like an Isabelle." Her mother said smiling and then handing her to Raven so she can sleep.

Raven held onto the baby girl and looked at her with adoration in her eyes, she wanted to be the best big sister ever to her. Even though Raven was only three she wanted to protect her no matter what.

•••••••

13 year old Raven was coloring with her 10 year old Isabelle when someone knocked on there door. Isabelle quickly got up and lifted up her big sisters mattresses that had a secret compartment underneath. Raven made that for her two years again so she didn't have to hid under the floor since Isabelle told her that it scared her.

Raven opened the door and there was Finn standing there, Finn was the only other person who knew about Isabelle Reyes.

"Izzy, it's just Finn you can come out." Raven says going over to help her sister out.

"Hi Izzy I brought you something, I made it special for you." Finn says handing Izzy a necklace with a silver origami butterfly on it. Izzy always talked about how she loved the necklace he made for Raven. So Finn wanted to make her one and a butterfly was perfect because he knew how much she really wanted to see one.

"Thank you so much Finn! Can you put it on for me?" She asks Finn with the brightest smile on her face. As Finn was placing the necklace on her Raven couldn't help but smile at how happy her baby sister looked.

•••••

A few years later there mom died from drinking to much and that was when 16 year old Isabelle was discovered by the guards. She left her and Ravens living quarters just to walk around the ark but she was stopped by some guards you didn't recognize her and when they asked for her ID she couldn't give it to them. Isabelle thought of the only thing she can do, that was to run. She tried to find Raven or Finn but couldn't find them anywhere.

•••••

Ravens POV

Raven got back to her home and had gotten some books for Isabelle about butterfly's, she traded her rations for the book and was so excited to see the look on her face.

When Raven got inside she called out her name and there was no response she looked in her hiding spot and she wasn't there. About half an hour later there place was trashed, Raven was freaking out so she rushed out to go find Finn. She was hoping she was with him.

"Finn!" Raven shouts catching up to the 17 year old boy.

"Hey, wait what's wrong?" Finn asks looking at Ravens panicked look.

"Izzys gone and I can't find her. What if something bad happened." Raven says starting to cry. "Finn I can't lose her. I promised her I would protect her."

Finn just held onto her when two guards came up to her and grabbed her telling her to come with them. She followed them into a room where Izzy was.

"I already told you she didn't know I was there, mom said not to tell Raven that I was born." I say to them knowing Ravens would lose her chances on having her dream job and I didn't want to ruin that for her.

"Is she telling the truth." One of the guards asked Raven.

Raven looked at me with sad eyes and then looked at the ground "yes, I've never seen her." Then they let her go, Raven ran to there living quarters and cried there for hours until she fell asleep.

Isabelles POV

I told the chancellor that my mom knew people who could hide me as a child and that once I was old enough she took me home and hid me there away from Raven and everyone else. Surprisingly they believed me. They then decided to lock me up and to be floated at 18. Two years to go.

•••••

I was in the sky box when someone was talking about an illegal space walk. I was shocked on what idiot would do that and waist probably about a month worth of oxygen. To my surprise Finn walked in and I shot up from where I was sitting with Murphy and Miller, when I got to him I hugged him so tight.

"Finn what are you doing here?! Raven is going to kill you when she finds out." I say hitting his arm .

"She knows I had to cover for her, so here I am butterfly." Finn says smiling at me, I smile back glad he took the blame and always happy that raven was able to go outside of the ark and into space.

In a year my life and every prisoner in the hell box was going to change.