O͜͡n͜͡e͜͡

" 𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 wake up! you're going to be late for your first day," said an older boy

" 𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗯𝘆, give me five more minutes!" Amelia yells back

" no you've had enough, and i still need to take you. start getting ready!" Robby yells

Amelia groans and gets up to go shower, she wasn't nervous of going back to school. She didn't want to even go in the first place.

She quickly showered and got ready, she wore a plain black shirt and some white shirts since it was still very hot in california.

"goodmorning," she said to her older brother robby. "no mom again?" she asked and he nodded. she sighed, her mom hadn't really been around this whole year. they barley saw her and when they did it was a quick 10 minutes.

"don't worry about her amelia, worry about your first day in highschool." he told her

"do i have to go? can't i just stay here with you?" she asked him and he shook his head.

"it's too dangerous, plus if they see that i'm not in school and you're not either. we'll probably go into foster homes." robby says, "plus i'm going to school just later in the day."

Amelia groaned, "fine." she served herself a quick cereal and then went with robby to school.

"i'll come into school after you have lunch, i have some things to do." robby tells amelia

"okay. i love you, stay safe." she tells him and gets out.

first day in highschool she thought in her head. She walked into school, confidently like her brother told her. And looked for her locker, which was going to be useless to her.

When she tried opening it, it was super hard. She was having a hard time and wanted to hit her head on it.

"having a hard time?" asked a boy

"yes" she said, "can you help me?" she asked
"yeah of course," the boy taught her and then closed it again.

"what was that for?" she asked
"do it yourself, i'll help if you need it," he said smiling.

She did what she saw the boy do and quickly opened it.

"great!" he said, "i'm 𝗺𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝗹." the boy said handing out his hand

"amelia," she said as she shook his hand, "are you also a freshman?" she asked

"oh no, i'm a sophmore," he said

"oh- sorry," she said embarrassed

"you're good, what lunch do you have?" he asks her

"Lunch A," she told him

"great. you can sit with me if you want," he said with a smile.

"yes! thank you," she told him and he nodded, the bell rang and she went to find her first class.

A pretty girl sat next to her, "is it okay if i sit here? i didn't even ask i'm so sorry."

"oh it's fine," amelia answered her

"thanks, I'm 𝘀𝗮𝗺!" she told her
"amelia," the young girl said

Amelia was in advanced classes, she was pretty smart when it came to school. She was taking classes her brother would take if he was in school.

The two girls got along very quickly and even exchanged phone numbers.

The next classes went by pretty fast, Amelia was glad they were. She just wanted to go take a nap in her room already.