Goodbye soldier

The atmosphere was tense..the sky was covered with grey clouds and a faint sound of a man's voice could be heard. The coffin was lifted up above a hole in the ground..people surrounding the coffin were dressed up in black suits and black dresses all holding black umbrellas..

To the side a man was standing..unnoticeable but present. His expression was blank mixed with horror. The last moments of the dead soldiers life flashing before his eyes.

Snapping him from his trance was the small water droplet falling from the sky and landing on his cheek. He looked at the scenery before him...all the sad faces..all the sorrow..the tears..

He couldn't help but feel the guilt within him rise..this was all his fault..or so he thought..

The more he looked at the coffin more memories rushed to his head..all the good times and all the bad ones...the dead soldier no...his friend was always by his side no matter what...and yet he let them down...he's supposed to be the strongest? Captain Levi Ackerman...the guy that slaughters Titans one by one...let them die...

All those thoughts rushed to his head as the world seemed like it was spinning. His vision was getting blurry and he was close to passing out...since they died he hasn't been sleeping much... everything he did just overwhelmed him even more. The person that caught him before he fell was his commander Erwin smith.

He held the boy in his arms as a tear ran down the boys cheek. Levi Ackerman was never the man to cry..and yet here he was...what made the situation even worse was that no one knew how they died...one second they were alive and well and the next their parents were getting news about them being dead....it made no sense to anyone but the blonde and dark haired boy standing at the side watching the people around the coffin sob at the loss of their dear friend knew what happened...they watched them die..

The funeral was soon over and it was raining..everyone left and that's when the boy decided to walk over to the grave. The blonde boy decided to stay back out of respect.

The black haired boy kneeled in front of the grave not caring how dirty he got..his cheeks were wet with tears and the water from the rain..the boy was a mess.

"I am so sorry...this is all my fault..if I was faster you'd still be with me..with us..you would still be alive and well..I know I don't ask for a lot of thing but please just this time allow me to be selfish..please come back.."

with each word spoken his voice cracked and a tear rolled down his face..

he suddenly heard someone behind him...expecting the person to be Erwin he didn't turn around and continued sobbing..

"I miss them too..." he heard the person say and he immediately looked up at the person as he didn't recognise the voice.. "oh..rude of me to not Introduce myself to you...I'm their brother.."

The boy just gave a small nod and looked back at the grave.. "I have no idea what happened to them..no one does..it's a mystery and they wouldn't even let us look into the coffin to see them one last time.."

The black haired boy knew exactly why they were not allowed to look inside of the coffin...the only remaining thing of their body was their arm..that was now inside that coffin..the soldier went out the most honorable way they could...with a salute..they knew that captain Levi would make sure they didn't die in vain..he would make sure the sacrifice they made was worth something..

How do I know all of this?...well after all I was the one that died..