Thank you, captain

The stars in the sky were shining brightly...as I looked up at the sky a single tear rolled down my cheek. He really was gone...forever..that was the reality I would have to accept sooner or later...

I never got the chance to say goodbye..I never got the chance to tell him how I really felt and now it was too late... truth be told he was my everything..my shoulder to cry on...my best friend...my captain..the one boy that made me feel Invincible..

This is all my fault..I had to make a choice and I chose wrongly..and him dying were the consequences..he didn't deserve any of this...he was one of the strongest people I've ever known..and I'm not only talking about physical strength..

He lost everyone around him..and he kept going..he kept pushing through making sure none of the people that died..died in vain...it's my duty to continue what he started...to finish it all

I will see you soon captain I promise..but first I need to finish what you started...in your honour..I won't let you down..

You taught me how to be strong..how to be independent how to take care of myself and how to not give into the pressure... for that I'll forever be thankful captain..

I raised my right hand's clenched fist up to my chest as my left moved behind my back... looking up to the sky I slowly said...

"Thank you, thank you captain...for everything."