第二集

"拜拜![Bye Bye!]" I called out to Yi Song. 

"Bye!" He called out from my apartment hallway as he called the elevator. Then, turning around he said, "I never got your phone number." 

"Oh right!" I realized, I took out my phone. "Do you have WeChat?" I asked. 

"Yes." He nodded, walking over to me as he took his phone out of his pocket. 

He scanned my WeChat code and made his way back to the elevator. "I'll call you soon!" He called out as he walked into the elevator. 

"Okay!" I called back, "Have a safe journey home!" 

"Thank you!" He replied as the elevator doors closed behind him. 

Once the elevator doors closed completely I made my way back into my apartment, closing the door behind me. 

Who would've thought that I'd be rooming with a twenty-three year old at twenty-nine, I though to myself. 

At that moment my cell phone rang. 

"喂?[Hello?]" I answered. 

"Finally!" It was my friend Mei Mei, "I've been trying to call you all night. What's going on?" She sounded super worried. 

"I'm sorry. I was having dinner with Yi Song and I didn't hear my phone ri––" 

She interrupted immediately, "'Yi Song?'" 

"Yeah, we met a few hours ago and..." 

"You let a man you met a few hours ago into your apartment to have dinner?!" she was shocked. 

"It's not like that." I tried to explain myself. 

"Then what is it like?" she asked furiously. 

"Well, I heard a knock on the door, and it was this delivery guy. I told him I hadn't ordered anything, but he insisted that I take the food. I figured Li Jian must've ordered it with Hua––" 

"Who's Hua?" 

"The model, Wong Hua?" 

Her mind was far from work and she tried to think of some famous model with that name, "Wong Hua? Is she famous?" 

"I guess, she's only done a few big photoshoots so far..."

"哎呀 [Oh], you mean the model in our agency?" 

"Yes, correct." I confirmed. 

"What was she doing with Li Jian?" She asked, cheating being the furthest thing from her mind. 

"What wasn't she doing?" I replied. 

My clueless friend suddenly came to her senses, "No way! He was cheating?! The bastard!" 

"I know" I said, "I kicked him out right when I found him." 

"Well are you okay?" she said, once again worried. 

"I guess, for now." 

"What do you mean? You two have been dating for four years!" 

"Yeah, but it hasn't really hit me yet I guess. I'm more disgusted and angry than anything else." 

"Eh, I understand." She said with a tsk. "Are you going to stay in the apartment? I know the rent's probably super high now that he's gone." 

"Yeah it is, but I'll be staying at least for the next month." 

"Well, do you need help finding a new place?" she asked. 

"Not just yet" I replied. 

"How will you afford the next month?" She asked, genuinely curious.