Chapter 18

Angela had called Bella and I to Carver Cafe during an off time when not many people were in the restaurant. She sounded really excited over the phone which just caused me to be even more curious.

So here we sat, Bella with her salad, me with my burger and fries, and Angela with a spaghetti dish. "So what was it that you wanted to talk about?"

Angela was practically vibrating in her seat, I could hear the chair creaking from how much she fidgeted. She plunged her hand into her purse and pulled out an envelope, slamming it on the table with a grin that could put the Joker to shame. "I got picked to be our class valedictorian!"

The realization as to why she picked this time made sense as Bella and I shot out of our seats, hugging our friend as high pitched squeals came from our lips. Our excitement muted the amused laughters and light clapping from nearby staff and the two other tables of patrons at the restaurant.

"Oh my gosh, congrats!" I squealed excitedly, tucking my arm to my chest and swerving my body as if trying to contain the energy.

"You totally deserve it!" Bella added in, sounding equally as excited as I am but without the physical reaction.

Angela seemed a little apprehensive. "I need to write a speech..." She took a deep breath. "I can put it off for a night though, let's have a sleepover!" She looked at Bella and me expectantly.

"Alright, we can do it at my house!" I offered, getting noises of agreement from both girls as they started shoveling food into their mouths.

I smiled a bit, feeling as though tonight was going to be fun for sure.

~~~

With a blanket and pillow nest set up on the living room floor and snacks waiting in the kitchen with 2 movies picked out, I looked at my two best friends who were looking almost impressed at the last-minute set-up.

"Okay! Let's get girls night started!" I cheered. "First, we get into our jammies!" I led them upstairs to my room. Mom and dad took Max to see some relatives for the night so we had the entire house to ourselves. Mom even left us money for pizza or takeout if we didn't feel like cooking.

"That bed you made looks really comfy Jess." Angela commented as she changed into her fluffy blue pajamas with Sanrio characters printed on it. I need to know where she gets these pajamas because I can never find ones that cute!

"It really does, I am excited to see what movies you picked out." Bella was wearing a grey tank top and purple flannel pajama pants, pink string tied into a little knot..

"Wow, you're excited for movies, huh bookworm?" I teased, bumping my hip against hers, now dressed in my favorite purple tank top and shorts combo.

Bella flushed a bit. "I was told I should expand my interests past books." She mumbled.

"Let me guess, you were clueless as to what Jake's favorite movies were." I laughed, "I picked out my favorite movie of absolutely all time: Labyrinth."

Angela perked up. "I love that movie!" She looked at me with almost shining eyes.

"I know." I smirked a bit.

"What.... Is Labyrinth...?" Bella asked, followed Angela and I down the stairs.

The two of us exchanged looks before grinning almost evilly at each other. "You're about to find out!" We said in unison, each grabbing one of her hands and dragging her to the living room. Angela putting the movie in and me grabbing the snacks.

"Press play!" I shouted, arms full of snacks and bottled juice.

"Alright alright." Angela laughed, hitting play while I passed out snacks and juice before getting comfy.