Chapter 6

I felt the blood drain from my face as I stared at him wide eyed. "Y-you wouldn't believe me if I told you..." I said softly, looking down at my hands as I started fiddling with the napkin wrapped around my silverware.

"Jessica." His voice was stern, causing me to look up slightly. "Try me." he was serious, there was no glint of amusement or even a smirk.

I chewed my bottom lip anxiously, this was a habit I picked up from Bella and I hated it. Makes my lips chapped afterwards. I avoided eye contact for a while as he waited patiently for me to explain. But how do you explain to someone that you read about them in a book that doesn't exist?!

"A book?" he raised an eyebrow at me, causing me to feel all the blood drain from my face.

The waiter brought us both glasses of ice water, and I immediately took the opportunity to chug my glass. I tried to figure out how to word everything into something he could understand.

Once I felt myself calming down I set my glass back on the table and looked him in the eye.

"This is going to be a long story." I said seriously, crossing my fingers on the tabletop.

He smirked, "I have all the time in the world." I knew he was saying that ironically.

"Let's start with the first time I woke up in this body at 12 years old." I started, before going into the story. I didn't give away too many details, trying to keep certain things secret like my knowledge of the future that he has no right of knowing at all. Once I was done talking he stared at me, he had no disbelief in his eyes at all, like he believed every word I said. I didn't go into personal details either, I could feel myself wanting to shrink away as my story started coming to an end.

Edward nodded slowly in response, "That's all I wanted to know." he said seriously.

We were brought food, I got some alfredo cheese ravioli, my favorite. I started eating as we sat in near silence.

"So... Are your opinions of me based off of what you know from the... Books?" he asked, genuine curiosity in his eyes.

"Nope, you irritated me from the beginning, no one should legally be allowed to be that pretty." I said seriously after swallowing a mouthful of food. "I used to have a friend who would have a few not so nice things to say to you because of the books. God, if she was here... trying to get her to like you would be like convincing an elephant it can fit in a hamster ball."

Edward just nodded in response, staring into my eyes as though he were searching for more information. "What about the vampire Army?" he asked, I immediately noticed some staff members and the closest people sitting at their own tables staring openly at us.

Edward stood up and looked over at me. "Let's continue this conversation in the car. I'm curious about this book you want to publish," He said in a normal tone which quickly defused the weird looks we were getting. I nodded slowly as I also stood up and followed him out after he paid the bill.

We sat inside his still freezing car, as I stared at him. "It's not really of importance right now." I said softly, "None of the events that led up to it has happened." I shook my head, as I stared out the window, "I don't think it will ever happen."

"Why?" he asked, trying to get me to look at him.

"Because you and Bella are not together, you are not romantically involved with any human. It's a smart move on your part, it could put your whole clan in danger." I felt a pang in my chest, why? I don't know, it was just there and I don't have time to try and figure it out.

"What does that mean?" He raised a brow at me. I avoided eye contact. I had come to terms with my developing feelings for him, but I had decided to ignore them completely. It wasn't safe to act on any of those emotions.