4

*Pietro Mancini POV*

"What the hell are you doing, Tony?" I yelled as I walked into the girl's bathroom. The girl he held in his hands was startled at the raised voice that interrupted them. "You can leave."

She lowered her eyes to the floor and adjusted her skirt before bumping me aside and strutted out. "I thought you said we weren't here to sleep with girls?" I leaned on the sink in front of the mirror.

He smirked and walked towards me, holding onto my shoulder as if I was a child he had to explain the bees and the birds to. But I wasn't, he was my younger brother, not vice versa. "Don't-" I stopped him just as he opened his mouth. "If I wanted to, I could send you back to that boot camp with father." I knew saying that would piss him off or scare him. The boot camp was a camp our father made to train mafia heirs and mafia assassins when their fathers couldn't train them themselves. If it weren't for me our father would've taken Antonio's bitch-ass to the camp with him this fall.

His face fell in disappointment as I had agreed not to bring it up. But he needed to be reminded of his place, and this was not where he stood with me.

"Let's go, brother," I shook his hair, "It's lunchtime."

He trailed behind me in silence as we entered the cafeteria. I looked around the cafeteria to find Rowan. I thank the gods that I found Carlo but regret the fact that they're both attached at the hip. He seemed intimidated when I was hanging out with Rowan in class. I'll have to stay close to Rowan if I need to get to him. I found her and her red-headed friend sitting in the corner of the cafeteria.

"Hey, Rowan!" I approached their table. "This is my brother, Antonio. Do you mind if we sit?"

The red-head caught Rowan's eyes and yet again she started to fidget with her belt. She cleared her throat, "Yeah, yes, sure."

Antonio and I both sat next to Rowan and red-head. "Tony, nice to meet you." My brother winked at the red-head and scooted closer towards her. "Amelie, don't do it."

"Hey, hey, hey." someone called from behind the table. "You guys again! I swear it's almost like you're stalking mon petite chou." Carlo said with a laugh that sounded exactly like his father's.

Bastard.

"Carlo, how many times do we have to tell you?" Amelie stood up to get face-to-face with Carlo. "You don't get to sit with us anymore." They held a stare for what seemed like ages.

"What happened with him?" I whispered to Rowan. She poked at the pasta in front of her and shook her head.

"Come on, it was an accident and it would never happen again. It was a mistake." He turned to Rowan, who tried her best not to make eye contact with him. "Rowan, you know I'd never do that again, right? It just happened once and never again."

"Excuse me, whatever your name is." I stood in front between the two of them. "I don't know what the hell you did, and honestly I don't care. These lovely, beautiful-" Tony elbowed my side. "Ahem, I suggest you get the hell out of here before my brother and I-"

"Pietro." Rowan stopped me. Her face looked scared.

What did he do to you?

She grabbed my hand and led me out the cafeteria doors and into the hallway. "I apologize, but you don't know me or my friends. You have no connection or knowledge to how our friend group was before today." She spat at me. "If he's your friend, why is Amelie so upset with him? "

Carlo was a terrible person. His father raised him the same way he was raised. Through violence and manipulation. That was no way to raise a child in the real world, but in the Mafia world, it was no surprise. My brother and I were brought up in a strict but loving home, with our mother being the supportive mob-wife who brought us cookies during gun training.

Carlo? I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to kill Rowan.

I made my way into the parking lot with whoever the hell Katherine was. I saw her wrapped around Carlo's pretty little finger during first period and just knew I had to have her. "Pietro!"

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! I rushed Katherine into the car and locked the doors as I closed them behind her. "Hello!"

"Hey, we never officially met did we?" He pulled his hand out of his pocket and stuck it out for me to shake. "Carlo, nice to meet you."

"Pietro, nice to meet you as well."

As we shook hands he laid another on the ones we shook. "My apologies for what happened at lunch. We all have a little bit of a sticky situation together and it's been bad blood ever since."

Sure it was. "I can tell. I know it doesn't have anything to do with me but if these girls don't want anything to do with you, just leave it alone. They'll come around one day."

I could tell he was hiding something with the pearly white smile he'd been showing. It started to become more and more awkward as he continued shaking my hand. "Yes, right. But then again, it doesn't." He pulled back his hand. "It doesn't have anything to do with you."

"And they don't want you around. Don't have to be involved to see that." I faked a laugh out.

Whatever this passive-aggressive conversation was, it wasn't the best idea. Especially in the middle of a high school parking lot. If we were anywhere else I'd slam him to the ground and beat his ass for whatever he did to those girls.

"I've got to go, got someone waiting for me back home." I pointed to the blacked-out window with the girl you couldn't see sitting in the passenger seat.

He chuckled and stuck his hands back into his pockets.

Thank god that was over, if he caught the pretty whore he'd been flirting within my car it would've ended badly. I opened the driver's side of the car and sat next to her. "Ready for the drive, babe?"

She placed her hand on mine, "Super."

*A/N: Not sure how I feel about this chapter, It's mostly just a filler chapter. But either way hope you enjoy :)