14

Pietro Mancini POV

All four of us entered my house. "Pietro!"

I looked up at the top of the staircase only to see Ryan, Vincent and Leon drinking white claws on my staircase.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tony laughed. He climbed up the stairs to hug them all. "Why didn't you tell me they were coming?"

I shrugged, "It was a surprise!"

Once we'd all regreeted each other I turned to Amelie and Rowan. "Guys, this is Amelie and Rowan," I started. Amelie and Rowan both waved to the group. "And this is Ryan, Vincent and Leon."

Ryan walked down the staircase and hugged both of them. "I'm so happy to finally have more girls in the group, it gets kinda weird when it's all boys and one girl!" She laughed.

Ryan led the two upstairs and into a bedroom. "So?" Vincent huddled in. "Which one are you fucking?"

I choked on the air I was breathing as soon as I processed what Vincent had said. "I don't think that's appropriate." Tony answered.

For the first time, I was happy my brother had decided to be a party pooper and stopped this conversation. Vincent rolled his eyes and pulled out a cigarette from his pocket, "Don't tell me you don't smoke anymore, you two."

We didn't, only because we hadn't even thought of smoking since we left. Tony was too focused on Amelie and I, Rowan.

"Of course we do." I elbowed my brother and took the cigarette from his hands.

I took a breath of the cigarette before blowing it out, "So why'd Ryan chose you two to come with her?"

Leon looked down at his shoes, "I don't know actually."

Leon was always a quiet one. Quiet, but smart.

"Why are we here anyways?" Leon looked up at me.

"Carlo's back." I said and leaned against the wall next to the staircase. "Son of a bitch is too good for me to catch alone."

"If you get us all situated in our rooms, we can start first thing in the morning." Vincent smirked.

I nodded and tapped the cigarette in his ashtray before pushing it against the dish to set out the fire.

I led Vincent, Leon, and Ryan to their separate rooms - well, Ryan's separate room from the two of them.

Amelie and Tony headed inside his room and closed the door behind them. I took this as a signal to leave them alone, despite the incredibly large urge to burst through the door just to to embarrass the two of them.

When I opened the door to my bedroom, Rowan was still sat inside.

"Hey," I whispered as the door closed behind me. "You're still here."

"I'm sorry, did you want me to leave? I can leave if you want me to, I only stayed because Amelie told me we were sleeping over- I just need a second to grab my things - but then I'll be on my way!" Rowan mumbled to me and started to pick up her things from my bed.

"No!" I yelled. I didn't mean for it to sound that loud. "I mean, I don't want you to."

I placed my hand onto hers and scooped her things into my arms to place on my desk. "I just need to shower first."

I nodded my head and let Rowan walk into my bathroom that was still filled her with flat iron and multiple makeup and hair products from the last time she'd been inside. In some ways it was comforting, knowing she'd been there and she'd always be in there. Sometimes I used her hair products to style my own hair when I missed her during these past few months, but I wasn't going to tell her that.

I reminisced the last time I'd seen her in there. The way she styled her hair in a certain way, the way she stuck out her tongue a little when she was too concentrated to think about her actions. How she'd handed me the flat iron to straighten the back of her head. I wished things could go back to that way, but in some ways, things would never be the same.

I shook away all the negative thoughts that floated around in my head and examined my closet to find a pair of sweats and a shirt to wear to bed. I finally decided on a white tank top and black sweat pants. I allowed myself to arrange Rowan's personal belongings that I'd just dumped on my desk into an organized manner. I scattered them all around the room, where I personally thought they fit the best. It felt like she actually lived here with me, just me and her, in this room.

I paid mine to the sound of the faucet squeaking and ratter stopping abruptly after time passed. I lay in bed, eyes paying more attention to my phone in hand than the small girl drowning in nothing but a shirt of mine and underwear.

"Is that what you wear to bed?" I asked once I'd sat up to get a better look at her.

She crossed her legs and nodded her head. I opened the blanket wide enough for her to come under. Her hair was still damp, but I didn't mind this time. Her small body fit perfectly in mine as she laid down. "Goodnight, love." she mumbled to herself.

"Goodnight, love."

I could see her smile as the moonlight hit the side of her face. "Pietro?" She said and turned to look back at me.

I looked back at her, "What is it?"

She placed her hands on my chest to push me down flat onto the bed and planted a kiss on my forehead. She rested her body on top of mine, laying her head on my chest and laying her hands out flat.

"Goodnight, Rowan." I replied and placed an identical kiss on top of her head. I wrapped my hands around her waist and used my other hand to pull the covers up high enough to cover the both of us well.