12

{The new character you meet this chapter is the lady sitting in the pink room}

*Pietro Mancini POV*

We'd only been in New York for a day and Tony and I were already bored. We shared our hotel room together, which I didn't mind at first until he started inviting Amelie over every moment of the day, leaving the toilet seat up, pouring soap on the shower floor and other things of course. The volunteers had paid attention to the hallways throughout the night.

"Amelie! Get Rowan and meet us in our room before curfew." Tony had said when he called Amelie.

Rowan had justified herself, we all spoke about what had happened and agreed to be friends again. Would it be the same as it was before? I doubt it.

Amelie and Rowan showed up in our room in bummy outfits. "What the hell are you guys wearing?" I asked.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Amelie snapped back. "You didn't say we were going out!"

I rolled my eyes, "Amelie go get outfits for the both of you, come back in three minutes. Three minutes, you hear?" Halfway through my sentence she'd already started walking back to her room.

"How exactly do you plan on getting out of here?" Rowan said after she'd stepped into the room. I pointed my finger to the window, "There."

She chuckled, "I know jumping through windows is kinda our thing, but there is no other window to jump into." She moved her hands while she spoke. I wondered if she'd picked that up from hanging out with Carlo all these months.

"Fire escape, you idiot." I said and patted her head.

A few moments later, Amelie appeared back in my doorway carrying a pile of clothes. Quickly, they changed into short dresses and did their hair. "What about makeup?" Rowan asked.

"It's too late to go back now," Tony replied.

I led them down the fire escape and hopped onto the sidewalk. Tony and I helped them down and waved for a taxi. When it finally arrived I said, "We just have to make a stop before we get to the club."

After a ten minute drive, we arrived at a small store. "What is this place?" Amelie beamed as she looked through the aisles of makeup, clothes, scarves, etc. "My house,"

Amelie scoffed and continued roaming around the aisles. "Chloe," Tony leaned against the front desk.

"And you are?" She barked back. Chloe had long, blonde hair tied back into a ponytail with little hair ties that made her hair look like bubbles. Her curtain bangs framed her face, which almost always had an amused look. We'd moved in upstairs when she was only seven, I, ten, my brother, nine.

She'd turned into a little sister of ours and kept my mother company when may father left, which was frequently. After Chloe's father passed she'd become an even bigger part of our life and took over her father's shop and turned it onto something of her own.

"You don't recognize me, Chloe!" Tony scoffed, and looked over to me. "You hear this bullshit?"

I got out from the hiding spot I stood in behind the scarves, "Of course she doesn't recognize you, little brother." I said and patted his back. "Louie would recognize me though,"

"Pietro!" She cheered and jumped over the counter to hug the both of us. "What're you two doing here?" She punched Tony's chest. "School field trip," Tony winked.

"Where's is she?" I blurted.

Chloe took a step backwards and turned her head to the side before beginning to speak, "She's upstairs, obviously."

I shook my head and waved a quick goodbye to the girls, 'We'll be back, buy something, or just take it. I'm sure Louise wouldn't mind.' I said before leaving.

Tony and I walked through the employees only entrence and up the metal ladder, entering a black room with two large doors. I used the door knocker to knock three times before waiting for her to appear in the doorway.

I hear distant tapping coming towards the door in a hurried manner. Finally, the locks started to click. "Chloe? What is it?" She called from behind the door. She rushed to open the door, and there she was, standing in the doorway with her beautiful dirty blond hair. "Boys," She smiled.

+

{This is what I imagine for Pietro and Antonio's mother looks like, if you need some vision.}

Fifteen minutes later, Tony and I were filled with food

Fifteen minutes later, Tony and I were filled with food. Talking to our mother was something I didn't know I'd needed so badly. We told her everything. We told her about Rowan, Amelie, the party, the hospital, Carlo's house.

"Oh my," She said and held a hand to her mouth. "This Amelie girl," she said and turned to Tony. "Do you like this one? Do you truly, truly, like her?" She held his hands in hers. She knew just as I did that Tony never genuinely enjoyed another persons company. Tony simply couldn't commit to anyone, but with Amelie he did. "Does she know? About our lifestyle?"

Tony gulped, taking a glance at me before answering. "Yes."

"Oh Tony, you know your father would kill you." She laughed. "And you!"

I jumped in my seat a little once she spoke to me. Scary woman, she was. "You turned soft! Going back to a girl who you argued with? You're finally melting that ice cold heart of yours."

I laughed, "That's not true. I need to keep the cover."

"And the cover is staying with that girl? Pietro, you're in love."