Support

TW: Firearms, alcohol, abuse, mentions of death and blood, fluff

A/N: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, I CAN NOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME, YOU GUYS MAKE MY DAYS!!!!!

It had been a couple days since Wilbur had posted his song, and needless to say, the internet was in shambles. Of course there were people who called him a faker or say he was trying to gain attention, but they were vastly overshadowed by all of the support.

On almost every social media platform out there people were coming together to watch out for him. And even better, support for people in abusive situations got a lot more funding. It was crazy.

So, Wilbur decided it was time to post his explanation video. He knew he didn't have to, but he wanted to. Swallowing thickly, he took a deep breath. Glancing at Phil, he closed his eyes, and clicked. Within 30 minutes, he had hit number 1 on trending.

-

Techno was chilling on his couch, watching YouTube, when he got the notification. Clicking quickly, he opened the video. The screen loaded for a second, before Wilbur popped into view. He was wearing the same shirt (or at least a similar one) he had on when he filmed the song, so these were probably filmed back to back. Unlike last time though, the camera showed his face. There were a couple healed gashes to the right of one of his eyes, and several small scars decorating his nose and cheeks.

"Hey guys, um, I decided to do this, to, uh, spread awareness I guess? And also I guess I felt- I felt you guys needed an explanation. As most of you probably, uh, probably guessed, um, I got in." He paused, biting his lip, "I got in a- a bad situation. Um, my parents died in a crash about a year and a half ago, and, and I- and I went uh, went to the foster system.

A couple days after that I got adopted, um, unfortunately he- he wasn't very nice." running his hand through his hair, he continued. "Um, to put it plainly, um, he was- he was abusive. Um, I'll spare you guys the details but, um, one day he was very drunk and, um." All of a sudden, the camera cut, Wilbur was in a different position. His eyes now slightly puffy. The brunette took a deep breath and continued where he left off. "He came home and I- I had broken a plate. Not on purpose, but, that didn't matter. He uh, he grabbed a gun." His voice broke, and Techno found himself holding back tears. "He shot me, um, in the shoulder. Uh, at some point the neighbors called the police and instead of going peacefully." Wilbur took another breath, "He- he attacked the officers, and he got shot. And, he- he's dead. The cops found me, I was barely conscious from the blood loss, but um, they took me- they took me to the hospital, and then to the group home. That's where I ran into Phil, and... yeah." The tape cut to the outro and then ended.

Techno sat there, absorbing all of the new information. How is he still smiling? How could someone go through so much, and still be optimistic? Wilbur's ways will forever be a mystery to him.

-

Tubbo stared at the now empty screen, where Wilbur once was. This is crazy. Opening his DM's, he found Tommy's contact, and hit "Call".

"Hey Tubbo." He sounded so solemn, like he had just been told his best friend was dead. Which, in a way, did kinda happen.

"How are you doing?" Tubbo asked.

"I don't know, how am I supposed to react to something like this? I feel like I should be freaking out, or sad, or frightened, or something! Instead I just feel... numb." Tommy explained.

"Well, maybe we are both still in denial. I heard somewhere that denial in the first thing in the five stages of grief."

"Maybe."

"Do you think we should see a therapist, Big Man?" Tubbo teased, only half joking.

"Nah, we'll live." Tommy responded, and Tubbo could hear the smile in his voice.

-

Wilbur was nervous to say the least, he had to stop filming after he freaked out. It took Phil 20 minutes to calm him down. Already all of the Sleepy Bois and most of the Dream SMP had texted, supporting him and telling him how brave he was.

At the moment he and Phil were chilling in the kitchen, the latter had made hot chocolate for both of them.

"I'm proud of you, Will, not many can do what you do." Phil said out of the blue. Wilbur looked up, and in that moment, he could not convey in words how much that meant, so, he simply wrapped his arms around the older male, and hugged him.

Again, thank you all so so so so so much! I love reading your comments!