CHAPTER FIVE

────── ☕ ::  𝐶𝑂𝐹𝐹𝐸𝐸 𝑇𝐴𝐿𝐾 » 005

your eyes shifted from the book in your hand to the lone cat resting next to your bench. the lil meow meow was a bit of a chunky boy, his fur was a vibrant orange with a rare mix of brown and white. the creature licked its paw, his ears twitching in an adorable manner that made your heart go doki-doki.

“graceful creature that comes above from the heavens...” you murmured hoping no one was around to judge you. you placed your book down next to your coffee and kneeled down in front of the majestic creature.

“let me pet you!” your hand reached out to touch the soft fur of its ears and BOI weren't you in heaven. the cat’s ears were soft and fluffy, it’s fur feeling good between your fingers. it was like you were petting a cloud- even if you have never petted a cloud. 

you stared at the cat. “please cure my depression” your hand reached down to pet it’s back and the cat purred under your touch.

AHHHHHHH HDHHKJSJJUJU uwu uwu uwu uwu you mentally screamed feeling an overwhelming feeling of happiness dewel inside of you. your depression seemed to have been cured by this majestic creature and you were nothing but grateful.

you smiled,“i wish i could take you home.” you had always mourned the idea of having a pet to take care of but you knew that wouldn’t be a dream to come true anytime soon. your father, he hated animals— especially cats.

and you knew that that man wouldn’t hesitate to kick or even go as far to kill a cat. you hated that— you hated him. you felt nothing but rage towards that man, counting the days down in which you will finally turn 18 and escape that living hell of a house.

“without me you are nothing”

fuck those words, fuck him.

you clenched your jaw, letting out a sigh of frustration before standing up. the cat boy looked up at you, his eyes confused. “meow?”

“oh it’s nothing, i’m fine”

you sat back down on the bench clenching your book tightly. your eyes read the words but you couldn’t quite process them, your mind above the clouds somewhere else.

"𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥- 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲, 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐭-𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡."

"𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞?"

"𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚"

"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠?"

"𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢’𝐦 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝"

huh that’s weird….”

i finished the book

y/n’s eyes stared blankly at the last page

"𝒅𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅, 𝒊’𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆."

they found it weird, usually after finishing a good book one might feel content or satisfied with the ending, others might feel a little blue that it ended.

but y/n felt… empty.

maybe their brain couldn’t process it.

they were finished.

they had finished the book.

they read all those 357 pages.

they had spent about 6 hours of their lives reading that book-- dying to know how it came to a close. mourning for the moment they will read those lasts pages and successfully say “i finished reading this one”

but they felt… nothing.

they felt empty.

they weren’t happy or mad or sad yet… why were they on the verge of tears? 

y/n’s eyes began to water, that same feeling of emptiness still in them.

“s-shit” they muted trying so hard to pull those tears back.

they didn’t know what to do.

should they run? off where to though

should they stay? but for what though

should they just cry? for what reason though

they didn’t know

until…

“hey, a penny for your thoughts?” a soft voice spoke.