Chapter Fifteen

Arthur and Aurora had made an appearance in the great hall, dinner was served a warm and juicy, roasted lamb was sat in the middle of the table. Caspian welcomed them, Edmund beckoning them to take a seat.

"I heard you caught this yourself." Caspian praised Arthur.

Arthur chuckled as he took a seat, "couldn't have done it without Edmund's help."

Edmund rolled his eyes, "maybe hunting isn't everyone's skill."

"Kings were meant for the throne, not hunting trips." Caspian winked at Ed.

Edmund smiled before slowly dropping his mask, boy did he wish he was King. He often thought of himself as a failure, he was truly embarrassed, Uhtred sat on his throne, Salvador not far behind. He envied King Caspian, wishing he had a kingdom of his own.

"And so, what of your day King Caspian?" Edmund asked casually.

"Please, just Caspian." The King nodded politely.

"Why not? You are the world's greatest King." Edmund shrugged as Arthur looked up from his food, raising his eyebrows at Edmund.

Capsian awkwardly chuckled, "my day was quiet, I trained with a few knights before heading to the gardens with Aurora."

The Princess smiled at the King, feeling rather queasy, had she not just shared a kiss with Arthur a few moments ago maybe she wouldn't have felt so immoral.

"The gardens?" Arthur repeated. "I thought it was strictly for you."

"Yes well, I can make exceptions." Caspian grinned, at Aurora.

Arthur frowned, he knew what was happening, the King had grown to like Aurora. And what is an improper knight to that of a King?

"If I had known Sire, I would have not come, I'm sorry." She sighed.

"No." Caspian nodded, "it is no problem." He assured, brushing his hand against Aurora's. She smiled sweetly before removing her hand.

There was an unsettling tension within the room, everyone seeming to want what another had.

Edmund seemed to want to push this suspense further, he wasn't sure what had come over him, but he raised his glass, "a toast perhaps?" He questioned, breaking the silence.

"To what?" Arthur had asked, everyone reluctantly reaching for their goblet.

"To King Caspian of course." He grinned, flashing his teeth.

Aurora had caught on, "Ed." She warned.

Caspian smiled weakly, "there's no need." He rejected.

"No. No. No." Edmund insisted as he raised his glass. "To King Caspian."

Arthur shook his head subtly, questioning Edmund's manners. Nevertheless, he raised his glass awkwardly. "To King Caspian."

"Perhaps we should toast to Aurora's arrival? I can promise that she's made more of a change than I have these past few days." Caspian suggested smoothly to which Aurora giggled.

Arthur suddenly rose, pushing away his chair.

"Arthur?"

He smiled politely, bowing to his King. "I must retire." He spoke. "I am feeling rather unwell." He lied.

"You must see the court physician," Caspian ordered.

"No Sire, I believe I require some simple sleep," Arthur explained.