Ch. 26

The following days Ivy left her room only to eat, but she didn't speak with Erika, Brian or answered Daniel's calls. She was laying on her bed when she heard someone knocking at the door. She wanted to ignore them but hearing his voice made her heart beat faster again. She got down, opened the door for Daniel and saw him standing with a small bouquet of white tulips in his hands, smiling at her. Ivy looked down at her feet. She was still wearing her pajamas, her hair was a mess, her face was swollen from all the crying and Daniel was looking with love at her. He took a step forward and took her in his arms. It was the first time when she felt peace, she felt like she could breathe again. She rested her head on his chest and stayed like that for a while.

'I am sorry' she said and looked at him.

'I am the one that has to apologise, baby. I am sorry I left you alone. I should have known that she was going to play dirty.'

'I ruined everything.'

'Trust me, you didn't.'

'Stop saying things just to make me feel ok. Everyone hates me and now I dragged you down with me.' Daniel looked at her playfully and smiled.

'I have to take you somewhere.'

'I am not going anywhere. People can't see you with me.'

'Erika!' Daniel shouted, 'Can you bring your laptop?' Ivy looked confused at him and he told her to have a sit. Erika came inside with an enormous smile on her face and handed the laptop to Ivy. She saw a Twitter page and started reading. "What kind of mother turns on her own child?" "Please, this is bulls**t. Ruby is a drunkie, she goes clubbing all the time". "I don't believe a word what they are saying." "I know Ivy from high school, she was such a smart and hard working girl, too bad her mother didn't see the sacrifices she made." "Omg, did you see how beautiful Ivy is?" and the comments kept going, someone even published a photo with her from her Instagram and she had thousands of likes and comments.

'How is this possible?'

'Girl, did you really believe that people were going to fall for their lies? It was pathetic. Do you know what is the best thing? Ruby had to close her Instagram account.' Erika said and laughed. 'Oh, you should check yours.' Ivy took her phone and opened her app, she had 20k new people following her, the last time she checked she had only 157 followers. 'You should post some new photos, the last one was more than a year ago.'

'Erika'

'What, I swear I didn't have anything to do. People like you Ivy.'

'That's true my beauty. I was shocked too, 3 hours after the show my company shared started growing, people were calling, a lot of good things happened. I am sorry I couldn't come earlier, I had to finish everything in New York, now I will not leave you alone.'

'Thank you' and she hugged Daniel.

'Listen, Samantha, the TV presenter wants to have my opinion too. She said that it would be the best if you could join me too.'

'No Daniel. I am not looking for fame or anything. Actually I don't like that people know about me now.'

'It will be ok, they had to know at some point, one day we will have our wedding'

'Do you want to marry me?'

'Of course, I want to make you mine. We should talk about this another time, now I want to take you somewhere.'

'Where?'

'It's a surprise. I will leave you so you can get ready.' and he kissed her.

After a few minutes they left to Daniel's car and during their ride Ivy recognised the surroundings.