Ch. 28

The following two weeks passed in a blink for Ivy. She kept herself busy with Erika’s wedding, decorating Daniel’s house and visiting her father’s family three times. Tamara, his wife, loved her from the first second and treated her like her daughter, she even apologized for her behavior because she didn’t want to scare Ivy, but she was very excited for her and the baby. She was the first person to offer her gifts for the baby every time she went to visit them and she was talking with her sister Lauren all the time.

On the other hand Erika turned into a bridezilla, she was stressed all the time, during the day she was on the phone with all kind of people and during the night she made new plans and wanted to change everything. First they didn’t want a big wedding, but they invited over 100 people and Ivy was stressing too because Erika made her the maid of honor.

On the wedding day everything went crazy. In the morning there were a lot of people in the apartment, Erika wasn’t happy with her hairstyle and burst into tears when looked in the mirror, but Ivy managed to calm her down

“It’s ok if you don’t like it, please remember that this day is about you and Brian, you want to celebrate your love, not to follow step by step a schedule or recreate a pinterest hairstyle.”

“I know you are right, but what will happen if Brian doesn’t like me?”

“Are you kidding me? He adores you, he kissed you a lot in the last days and trust me, all I wanted to do was to lock you somewhere to calm down.”

“Was I that bad?” Ivy laughed.

“You have no idea.” She started to take off the hundreds of pins that where holding Erika’s hair.

“Do you remember how you wear your hair on the first day you went to the coffee shop?”

“Simple, with loose curls.”

“Ok, this will be.” Fifteen minutes later Ivy fixed her veil and Erika loved her look.

“Thank you. I really mean it.”

“I know, now let me kick out all these people and we can dress in peace.” Ivy invited everyone out and she helped Erika put on her bride dress and after she had some time to prepare herself too. She was also nervous, Daniel was going to join the wedding but they couldn't interact.

"People know that you are carrying my child, it will not be weird if we talk or stay together." he told her a night before.

"No Daniel, you need to behave."

"Is there a punishment if I don't?"

"Or a reward if you will."

Soon it was time for them to leave, Erika hired a limo to drive them to the venue. They were going to get married and have the party in the same place. When they arrived everything was settled, the guests and Brian were already waiting for her. Ivy left Erika with her family and went outside to take her place. While walking down the aisle she met Daniel's gaze and couldn't help but smile. She quickly bit her lower lip to hide her excitement, but seeing him in a black tux made her fall in love again. Once she took her place she congratuled Brian and assured him that Erika was okay and ready to start the wedding. The music started playing and she walked down the aisle with her father, everyone looked at her, she was beautiful and when she met with Brian they both started to cry and kissed each other.

"This is the ending part." the priest told them and made them laugh.

During the ceremony Ivy felt uncomfortable to be in front of all the other guests, she also was wearing heels and her back started to hurt her. She planned to avoid Daniel but she felt him looking at her like a hawk, every time their eyes met he kept staring at her and smiling. She had no idea how she could resist all day without kissing him. The ceremony ended quickly, it was emotional, but soon everyone started to cheer on them after the priest announced that Brian could kiss the bride again, this time as his wife.

After it all the guests headed to a wedding tent decorated with white flowers and lots of greenery. The wedding tent was surrounded by big trees as it was placed in a middle of a forest. Ivy stayed behind and kept looking after Daniel but somehow he vanished.

"Looking for someone?" he asked and hugged her from behind while kissing her shoulder. "You are ravishing" he whispered into her ear and Ivy closed her eyes.

"You promised you would behave."

"There's no one around."

"That's why I have to go."

"Save a dance for me beautiful. Oh, and never bite your lip like that, it's a torture not being able to kiss you." Ivy blushed and headed to the wedding just in time to see the first dance of Erika and Brian. After this she searched her place and decided to rest for a while.

'I can't wait for our first dance as husband and wife.' she received a text from Daniel.

'You have to wait for a while Mr. Wells.'

'Playful, aren't you?' Ivy blushed while reading the last text and knew that Daniel was watching her close and decided to bit her lip again.

'DO. NOT. DO. THAT. AGAIN.' a third message popped onto her screen. She looked around and saw that most of the guests were busy on the dance floor or eating.

'Meet me in the woods?' she texted him back.

'Yes, I will go first.'

Ivy waited a few more minutes and finally went outside to search for Daniel. When she approached him she heard the music that Daniel played on his phone.

'Can I have this dance my beautiful lady?'

'I guess there will be no reward after all.' she placed her hands around his neck and started moving slowly.

'I am so curious what reward you had in mind.' she approached him more and whispered to him.

'I was planning to move in with you.' Daniel instantly kissed her and had the biggest smile on his face.

'But' she continued.

'There is no but. You seriously make me feel like I am the luckiest man Ivy.' she smiled. She knew it was time for them to start the new chapter, after all their relationship hadn't had a normal start. After a while they decided to return to the wedding, Ivy wanted to have some cake but she told Daniel to be the first to return. She watched him walk away and before she decided to leave she felt a cold metal pushing her back.

'Well well... I could have bet the Daniel wasn't the romantic type.' she heard Ruby laughing.