Ch. 9

Daniel's lips were possesing Ivy's, leaving her breathless. It was a hungry, lustful kiss, they didn't know who was in control, they didn't know their hands were exploring the bodies, they didn't know how life was before that kiss. They stopped for a moment and Ivy realised her hands were resting on Daniel's chest, holding his shirt with so much force. She took a step back, but they couldn't break the visual contact, she felt her lips pulsating, they were craving after Daniel's touch. She let go of his shirt and wanted to leave but Daniel stopped her and kissed her one more time, gently, with love, taking all the time in the world.

'Please, stop me.' He said between kisses. 'I can't control myself, you are too innocent for me. You are so beautiful, so sweet, so kind, Ivy. Stop me, don't let me hurt you.'

Ivy heard his words but she was too intoxicated by lust. She knew it was wrong, he was a married man and she was just a surrogate, a paid woman to offer a service. They stopped, Daniel hugged her, kissing her forhead and Ivy got the courage to run.

She stopped in her room, locking the door and went straight to the shower.
Ivy thought a cold shower was going to calm her, to calm her lust, her cravings for Daniel's touch, to calm the storm he started in her head. She was strong, but realised that love made her weak. She knew it wasn't just an attraction for Daniel, it was love. She stopped the water and after tried to get some sleep, in the morning a new day was waiting for her, a day she knew it was going to change her life forever. A new day where she had to face Daniel, to be near him, to let him enjoy all the pregnancy experince.

*
Ivy was trying to have breakfast in the kitchen, while Maria was bombarding her with questions about the previous night.

'Believe me Maria, nothing happened with Brian.'
'Sure, your eyes sparkle and smile at my pancakes, you must love them so much.' Ivy laughed a bit and when she raised her head from the counter she saw Daniel standing in the door frame smiling at her. He looked so good, he had dark blue jeans and a simple white t-shirt, Ivy was almost drooling at his image.

'Mr. Wels!' Shouted Maria with panic. 'Am I late with your breakfast? I am sorry, I will bring you right now.'
'Don't worry Maria, you are not late, I heard you talking and I decided to take the breakfast here.'
'Are you sure?'

Daniel didn't answer her and went next to Ivy, he moved the chair really close to her. She was wearing a simple beige dress, just above her knees and Daniel made sure to touch her leg with his. Maria served him the breakfast, and while he was eating he looked at her. Ivy felt uncomfortable, she couldn't stop looking at his lips, she suddenly felt really hot and raised from the chair.

'I will go get ready for the doctor's appoitment.' She informed Daniel.
'Ok, I will meet you outside in fifteen minutes.'

When Ivy entered her room she went to the bathroom again. The meetings with Daniel made her use a lot of cold water. She was happy she didn't have to pay the bill. She looked in the mirror and felt scared, she wanted to run, but she remembered her mother's threat, she remembered her not so well paid jobs, she remembered her dreams to be free, to go to college, she had to do it.

*

Daniel waited for Ivy in the car, she entered and he started driving.
'Are you nervous?'
'No' but Ivy looked in the opposite direction.
'Listen...about last night.'
'Nothing happened' she said coldly. Daniel sighed and touched one of her knee. Ivy almost freezed under his touch, but didn't have the power to remove his hand.
'Ivy, something happened last night. You can't deny it. I tried all night to convince myself that it was wrong, but trust me, it was one of the best time of my life. I can't lie, I can't hide this.'
This time Ivy looked at him, she was happy he felt the same.
'The kiss was amazing Daniel. But it is wrong, you are married, you have a beautiful wife, I am just a surrogate. In 9 months if everything goes well today I will be gone from your life. So please, it's the best for everyone to consider that nothing happened.'
Before he could say anything else his phone rang.

'Hi Ruby.'
'Hi baby. How are you? Are you going to the doctor with that girl?'
'Yes, I am going with Ivy. Why?'
'Just asking, anyway, I was thinking to come back tomorrow.'
'Is something wrong?'
'No, but I thought you would be missing me. Honestly I want to have sex with you. And the shops here are horrible, there is only one brand store. I mean, I have all the Prada bags, it is so boring here.' Daniel let the phone down, Ruby was annoying him a lot lately.
'Ok, come when you want. Ruby, we are in front of the doctor's office, I will call you later.'
'Yeah, k. Don't call me before 4 p.m, I have a lunch planned with the girls.'

Ivy couldn't help but notice the way Daniel was speaking with Ruby, it was a big mistery for her how they were together.

'Ready?' Daniel asked her. She took a deep breath and followed him inside.