Ch. 6

Saturday morning.

Rosalie developed a habit to wake up Ivy with bad news: 'Wake up and be ready in 30 minutes. We will meet them at 12:00 sharp.'

'Them? Mother what did you do this time?' Ivy asked still sleepy but she knew something bad was going to happen.

'Them as the family who wants you to be their surrogate.'

'What? How did they choose me? I can't do this!'

'You will do it. Now get dressed.' Rosalie said and wanted to leave the room but Ivy stopped her.

'No, mother. I will not be their surrogate. Actually I am leaving today from this place.' Rosalie started to laugh.

'You pathetic little girl. You had one date in your entire life and now you want to leave me alone?'

'How do you know about Brian?'

'Honey, the entire neighbourhood knows that Brian likes you' and she laughed. 'That boy is so stupid, he only talked about taking you out'

'So? I don't see your point...if you please excuse me, I have things to pack' Ivy started to grab her things and Rosalie let her do it for a few moments. She enjoyed the whole show too much.

'And I am fucking his boss my darling daughter. I only need to make one phone call and that boy will lose his job' Ivy stopped from packing and looked at her, her mother was always making up things, but she remembered that she met with Brian's boss a few times in the hall of their building, now all made sense.

'Trey will not fire Brian, he knows he is the best barista, please leave me alone.'

'I try everyday to understand how you are my daughter, you know nothing about love dear. Trey will do anything to make me happy, the poor guy doesn't have the money I need but he is ready to please. Let's call him and see if he loves his barista more.'

'Stop!' she shouted at her mother. 'What do you want me to do?'

'You already know it. Now get dressed.' Ivy started to cry, she couldn't let Brian without a job, she knew how much he enjoyed it, she didn't know if she did right to believe her mother, but Brian was too good to her to risk his job and involve him in her messed life. He was happy, while she was just a mess.

40 minutes later she and Rosalie were sitting in a big office, the office was all white and cold. They were sitting on a couch and behind the desk was a gorgeous woman named Erika. Ivy found out she was the personal assistant of the Wells couple. They were all waiting for the Wells family; Ivy didn't talk much, only Rosalie kept asking Erika questions about the money

'When can my daughter receive the money?'

'Everything will be in the contract, you will receive a copy to read if the meeting with my clients will go on well.'

'I see, Ivy can't wait to meet them and carry their beautiful child. We are so happy they have chosen her.' Erika smiled and thought Ruby didn't make the right choice. She could see the girl wasn't comfortable with the situation, but Ruby loved that she was a virgin and believed that she was going to have a pure child.

After 10 awkward minutes the Wells entered the office. Ivy almost suffered a shock when she saw them, she always imagined an old couple in their 50s, but they were young and gorgeous. She was a beautiful blonde woman, skinny, but with curves, she was wearing a short white dress that made her legs look endless. She had perfect curled hair, perfect make-up and attitude. But Ivy's attention was caught by the man standing in front of her. She couldn't believe that a man like him could exist. He was tall, didn't look massive, but fit, the black suit he was wearing it was perfect on his body and she could imagine his muscles. He had a short beard but made him more gorgeous. His eyes were green and so intense, he looked straight at her and she was simply hypnotised. The man was perfect and he had a perfect woman next to him.

'Hello, nice to meet you, I am Daniel Wells and this is my wife Ruby.' He said with his sexy voice and looked into Ivy's eyes. He shook Ivy and Rosalie hands and after took a seat next to his wife. Ruby didn't bother to greet them, just took a sit on the couch and checked her phone.

'So girl, we are in a hurry, let's make this short' she started talking with a voice that annoyed Ivy so much, she always hated that type of voice, the fake voice women were pretending to have when they talked with men. 'I like that you are a virgin, to be honest, I don't want my child to be carried of a whore or something.'

'Ruby.' Daniel said firm. 'I am sorry Miss Smith. My wife wants to say that we would like you to be our surrogate and you fitted the best with our demands.'

'Ivy is so happy to help you Mr. Wells.' Daniel looked for Ivy's eyes and she kept staring in the ground.

'Are you happy Miss Smith?' he asked her slowly and she finally looked at him.

'Yes' and again looked away.

'I am sorry for her, my daughter is very shy around strangers' Rosalie said and faked a smile.

'I am sure she will not be shy around us, right honey?' Ruby said and kissed Daniel in front of them. 'After all you are going to stay with us for the next 9 months.'

'What?'

'Didn't you read the announcement? We said we will offer free accommodation.' Erika said

'I did, but I thought it was for the ones who weren't from the city. I have a place where to stay and my jobs?'

'Jobs? My dear, your new job will be to carry our child. You will stay with us, I have a diet and exercise plan for every month of the pregnancy. After you give birth you are free to go.' Ruby said and asked Erika to give her the contract. 'You will get a copy of this to read it home, Monday at 9 am be ready, our driver will come and pick you up. Now if you excuse me, I have a yoga class waiting for me.' Ruby stood up and grabbed Daniel's hand. He wanted to apologize for his wife behaviour but he saw the look on Ivy's face and he knew she didn't want to do it.

'It is ok if you can't do this, we have other options.' Ivy almost smiled but she met her mother's glare and she remembered her words.

'I will be ready at 9 am, don't worry.'