Chapter 15

(explicit chapter, if you're on the younger side (10/9 and under) please avoid the latter half of the chapter for your own sake)

"Uh... John? Who the hell is this?"

"Oh, right. Hi, Zee Zatara. Nice to meet you." His jaw dropped almost to the floor. "John, you know goddamn Zatanna Zatara? When the hell? Of bloody course ya d—" he started before John stopped him.

"Yeah, I may or may have forgotten to tell ya that. Uh... when to even..? We met about what, a month or so ago? She's my... sort-of girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I'd say that. Wait, how come I've never seen you before?" I asked.

"Right. Um, so, I'm busy most of the time, working since this lazy bum over here doesn't have a job other than smacking demons into oblivion. Wait, you know about that, right?"

"Yes, I do. I actually helped him once or twice."

"And what do you mean by you've never seen me before? Have you been here before?"

"Like three or four times. I had no idea he had a room mate."

"John, you never told her?"

"Never had a reason to. We were doing fine as is and I didn't want to have her.. ah, whatever. Not relevant."

"Why is she here, though?"

"Me and my dad got in a big fight over John and he called me a bitch, I asked John if I could stay with him for a little bit and he said okay. Is that fine with you?"

"Yeah. As long as it keeps this git from distracting me, feel free to do whatever. Just don't screw his sheets up too much, cause I'm the one who's cleaning that rubbish." I'm sure my face turned like ten shades of red when he said that.

"Hey, mate, can I talk with you for a second? Zee, I can trust that you're not gonna eavesdrop? Use one of those deafening spells or something," he told me.

"Yeah. Go ahead. Nefead," I whispered.

~John's PoV~

"Okay, I have questions, Johnny. You know Zatanna Zatara? You're her sort-of boyfriend?"

"Yes, I am. You got a problem with that?"

"That's a weakness a demon can use."

"I can handle myself, she can handle herself. Listen, mate. She can handle herself. I've been doing this shit since I was what, twelve?"

"So, let me get this bloody straight. You met the daughter of a goddamn legend in the supernatural world, and you just somehow become her boyfriend in under a month?"

"What can I say? Girls love the accent."

"Yeah, and being a lowly double-crossing world-class bastard who perfected the bad idea is the absolute best turn-on, isn't it?"

"Technically, we haven't shagged yet."

"Well, I'll be damned and color me surprised. You knocked Isabel up in less than two weeks, Anne less than one, and you slept with Zed basically the second you saw her," he reminded.

"Don't really wanna lose my head, her dad's a lot scarier than those three's combined. Her dad's Zatara, for God's sake. I don't wanna get decapitated, so, that's why I haven't slept with her yet. Had a few lucky make-outs with her, but, no, we have not shagged quite yet. I am working on that, though. Give me a second," I told him, walking to where Zee was. 'Zee, we're done talking. You can undeafen yourself now.' I mouthed to her. "Erotser," she chanted, restoring her hearing.

~Zee's PoV~

"Um, what's your name, anyways? I never got- I never got it."

"Oh, right. Francis Chandler, or Chas. It's a pleasure."