chapter eight

AN: i write this story based on things that happen in season 2 but with the season seven cast for anyone who might be confused as to why rossi is there instead of gideon on this next case.

you woke up to the noise of your phone ringing so you sat up to check your phone to see it was from hotch.

as you answered the call you could tell even hotch was tired, it was only 6 am.

'y/n there's a case, a rough one. i need you in in 30.'

'ok hotch, anything I need to know before I leave?'

'we don't know much, we only know that the unsub has been calling the police before they commit the crime and feeling just before they arrive on the scene. they killing fast though so come quick' you let out a sigh, as much as you loved your job and everyone you worked with you also loved lying in your comfy king-sized bed with-

spencer reid?

spencer reid!

'oh my god spence wake up!' you shook his shoulder as he groaned, clearly still lost in sleep.

'what y/n. I'm trying to sleep here' he turned away from you as he tried desperately to get back to sleep.

'good luck with that, we have a case.' you let out, 'why are you completely ignoring the fact we slept together last night spence,' you looked him in the eye as he sat up and rubbed his eyes, before putting on his glasses.

'i'm not y/n i just woke up idiot.' he laughed as his eyes found yours and gave you a grin.

'as much as i'd love to stay here all day with you idiot, we have a case and we have to be at work for 6:30. it's 6.' you rolled your eyes and made your way to the bathroom to wash the sleep off of your face.

'god. hotch couldn't have called us earlier.' spencer huffed as he came to your side in the bathroom mirror, putting his hand on your collarbone and tracing the purple bruises he left last night.

'god I got you good last night didn't I?' he smiled as he kissed over them lightly.

you chuckled and moved away from him o grab your toothbrush, handing him a spare one you kept in case of an emergency. 

'here you go, your morning breath i horrendous.' you handed spencer the toothbrush, your hands brushing his lightly. sparks flying through you as you did so. spencer on the other hand frowned and brought his hand up to his mouth to breathe on it. he grimaced as he smelt it.

'for once you're correct about me y/n' he laughed.

by now you couldn't make some sort of witty reply as your mouth was overflowing from white bubbles coming from your minty toothpaste, instead, you moved your foot to kick spencers shin. lightly of course.

'ouchie!' he turned to you and gave you massive puppy dog eyes, 'that hurt.' he whined as he brought his toothbrush up to his mouth to mirror your actions.

once you were both washed and dressed you hopped into your car and drove to the bau, thank god the drive was only a short one otherwise you would've been hours late. when you pulled up to the building you checked your appearance in the pull-down mirror in the front of your car. you adjusted your lipstick a tad and pulled your turtle neck up to cover the memories from last night.

'you look beautiful y/n don't worry.' spencer said as he opened his car door and stepped out, his lanky body towering over your car.

'thank you spence but that's the last compliment you'll be giving me for a while, we have to switch to colleague mode remember.' you scoffed doing the air finger movements in sarcasm.