Feb 5, 2000

Fuckshit's POV

Lyciana and I were just talking. And I like that, talking I mean. When I meet someone and we just get along like we've known each other for a while, it just makes me happy. I don't really know how to exactly describe how it felt talking to her, it wasn't like we really knew each other. Don't get me wrong, I still had to think of what to say, but it was just easy to talk to her at the same time. I'm not too sure if that makes sense, but it does to me. 

"I'm actually starting to get cold," Lyciana says, shivering.

"We can go inside at this point." I glance my watch. "Fuck, It's getting real late too."

I pull myself up from the lounge chair, sliding my pants back on.

"Shit, how am I gonna put my clothes on without getting them wet?" She mumbled.

"The same way I am." I teased, putting my shirt on. "By putting them on."

"That's gonna bother me the rest of the night."

"Nobody made you go in the pool with your underwear."

"But you—"

I raise an eyebrow. "Hey! I didn't make  you."

"You know what I think?" She says, pulling her shirt over her head.

"What do you think?"

"I think you wanted to be a little pervert."

"Hmm, a pervert? You wish."

She shook her head and chuckled to herself, slipping her skirt on. I shook my hair out like a wet dog, quickly tying it up into a bun. I nodded at her and we made our way back inside, trying to be as discreet as possible. I closed the door behind me, squinting and trying hard not to cringe at the sound that it might emit. You know when you go to the kitchen at 3AM and you don't want anyone to hear you? Yeah, like that.

We made it to the lobby to find a lot of people there, definitely leaving the party. My eyes started playing I Spy with the crowd, hoping that I didn't have to go back upstairs to find my friends.

"Fuckshit!"

I turn around to see Ruben, Ray, and Fourth Grade walking up to me, all looking slumped, except for Ray. Ruben looks me up and down, squinting.

"What the fuck were you doing? We thought you fucking died," he says, slapping my arm and laughing to himself.

He looks up to see Lyciana behind me, and raises an eyebrow.

"Ah, that's what you've been doing," he chokes on his laughter.

Lyciana and I furrow our eyebrows.

"Ruben's real fucked up right now," Ray says, shaking his head.

"Clearly."

"Are you guys ready to go?" I ask, readjusting my bun.

"Yeah, I'mma be taking care of Ruben all night though. His mom can't see this 'lil nigga like this," Ray says, arm on Ruben's shoulder. "Fourth Grade too..."

I nod. "I might just call a cab or something then, it'll be easier on you."

"You sure man?"

"Yeah, it's co—"

"You could stay at my place, it's closer," Lyciana starts. "Or I could drop you off of course," she says, avoiding eye contact.

I raised both of my eyebrows in shock. "Seriously? You don't have to do that."

"No, it's totally fine," She shrugs. "You should drive though... I'm pretty faded," she says, giggling.

I nod, dapping Ray up, and he gives me a subtle wink. Now, I know what you're thinking, and no, I wouldn't do anything with her while she's high and I'm sober. That's fucked. I give him a slight little grin, and slap Ruben on the back, causing him to hiccup. Terrible. Fourth Grade could barely keep his eyes open, looking like a white Bob Marley.

"Good luck taking care of these two dumbasses. You're a great mother."

They all walk off, leaving Lyciana and I together. She starts to walk toward the parking garage and I follow her lead. Reaching into her purse, she struggles to find the keys to her car.

"I found it!"

She tosses me the keys, and I press the unlock button 3 times, just out of habit. I look around and notice a white, 1999 Jeep Wrangler responded to the keys.

"You seem like the type to drive this."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing, you just seem like the type. Get in."

I hopped into the driver's seat and brushed my hands along the beige-leather interior. It was nice, I'm more of a leather interior guy myself.

"You're gonna have to tell me the directions," I say, turning the key into the ignition.

"Okay, I can do that," she drops the weight of her head onto the head rest, turning towards me. "I always feel a little out of place at these things, you know?"

"What things? A car?"

"No Fuckhead, parties."

"Oh."

I wanted to say me too, but it's definitely not the same case, plus I didn't want to elaborate on my experiences. But really, me too.

I pulled out of the parking garage and just started to drive. The car ride was quiet, unless Lyciana told me which direction to turn. But it wasn't an awkward type of quiet. It's like the type of quiet where you're with someone that you're comfortable with and you can just sit there in silence without having some sort of weird tension. I like that.

After going through another maze, we finally wind up in front of her house. She lived in Gardena, not really straight out of a tourist commercial, it's just a regular neighborhood. But what I will say is that there's some hella good Asian food out here.

"Well, this is my crib."

I got out of the car and tossed her the keys. Looking at the house, it wasn't anything special. Most of the houses I'd seen in Gardena looked pretty similar. It was just your standard 'lil villa.

Going up the porch, she fumbled with the keys, trying to find the right one out of the 10 keys on her lanyard. After trying 7, we heard a click.

The TV was on, just like at my house.

Footsteps start to approach us. "Cici!" 

It was a little girl, probably around 5. She looked like a younger version of Lyciana. At first, I didn't think much of it, but then it hit me.

"Wait, you have a kid?"