February 3, 2000 IV

Fuckshit's POV

We decided to go to one of our old time favorite spots. The middle school. Nobody was on the basketball court so we could do whatever the fuck we wanted.

"Yo, Ray, can we talk real quick?" I ask.

"What's up?" He says, leaving the others at the court.

"So, do y'all always hang out with the girls now 'cause—"

"Nah bro, don't worry. They just pop up once in a while."

I wouldn't say I was "worried". It's not that I didn't want them to be here. I just didn't want them to bring drama and shit around; this isn't high school anymore.

"Word," I say, about to hop on my board.

"Holup," Ray says. "What do you think of Lyciana?"

"She's fine."

"Fine as in fine or fine as in fine?"

"Fine as in fine," I say, nodding, shaking his hand, and we both erupt in laughter.

Lyciana's POV

I sat down next to Estee and Lenae on one of the benches. Estee was babbling on about whatever. I don't really know, wasn't listening. I was so exhausted, all I could do was watch the boys.

Skating is cool I guess, I wouldn't really know. Shit, I mean, it looks easy enough. You just balance on a piece of wood and push your feet. You know what, when I put it that way, it's really not that cool at all.

"That was sick," Ruben exclaims.

Fuckshit skates up to us, drinking a bottle of water.

"Any of you ladies wanna try?"

"Not today Fuckhead," Estee says.

"Lenae?"

"I twisted my ankle yesterday."

He rolls his eyes. "Lyciana?"

"I'll pass."

"Oh come on," he says, grabbing my hand. "Watch and learn."

I turn back to Nae and Estee, both shrugging.

Fuckshit's POV

I placed my water down, and my pace accelerated doing a board slide on the bench of a lunch table. As I turned back to Lyciana, she just stood there with her hands on her hips.

"You can front all you want but I know you're impressed."

A small smile started to form. "Please, I can do that too."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she says, yanking the board from my grasp.

She drops the skateboard to the floor, and puts one foot on it, trying to observe the stability. My eyes focused on her feet, and I knew what was going to happen next. With her left foot on the board, she starts to raise her right foot up, and she slips off, the skateboard gliding away leaving her on the ground.

"Fuck," she exclaims.

I shake my head, extending my arm out. "You can do it too, huh?"

"Shut up," she says, grabbing my hand, laughing.

"Oh, okay. So you do smile," I chuckle.

She instantly puts on her bitch face, but bursts out laughing again, making me laugh.

"Oh shit! Your board!" She says, running to get it back.

"Thanks."

"So are you gonna teach me?" She asks.

"Now you wanna learn?"

"I guess I do."

I put the board on the ground, holding my hand out.

"Just push with whatever foot you're most comfortable with and I'll hold your hand."

She went on and off the board a couple times trying to figure out her preferred foot, which ended up being the right.

"Alright, go."

Shit, I don't know how hard she pushed, but she pushed hard. Before I knew it, she stumbled, again. This time taking me down first.

Lyciana's POV

Okay, so clearly skating isn't as easy as I thought. I landed right on top of Fuckshit, quickly pulling myself up from his chest. As I was about to get back up on my feet, I just kind of kept looking at him, especially his eyes, they were such a pretty hazel. I think I was staring at him a little too long because he finally said something.

"I know it's hard not to look at me, but damn can you at least try not to? You a 'lil too close."

"Boy, please," I say, my face turning hot.

He starts to get back up, lending me his hand. "Aww, you're smiling," he says, laughing.

"No I'm not."

Fuckshit's POV

"Cici get back over here! We're leaving!" Estee yells.

Lyciana looked back at her and nodded.

"Well, bye," she says.

"That's it?"

"What do you mean?"

"So you're not gonna give me your number?"

She shakes her head, grinning, pulling out a pen from her purse.

"Here you go Fuckhead," she says, grabbing my hand and engraving the digits into my palm.

"Come on!" Estee yells again.

"Bye," she smiles, waving.

"Yeah, she gon' be my wifey," I say, watching her walk away.

"Yeah? Let's see how fast the divorce is," Ray says, patting me on the back.