February 3, 2000 III

"Holy shit," my eyes immediately widened.

A big ass grin stared right back at my open mouth. It was Ray's.

"What's up nigga?" he says, dapping me up and pulling me into a hug.

"I can't believe this shit bro. How long have you been back?" At this point, my smile was reaching my eyes.

"You're late as fuck. It's been like 3 weeks. I missed the fuck out of you man," he says, crossing his arms.

"Fuck, bro. How long you staying?"

"I don't know, I'm done touring for the year though. I'm thinking about staying here for a while. But— I think the real question is where have you been?" He starts. "Actually, hold that thought, let's go inside. Everyone else is there."

Ray grabbed his board and we walked inside the shop.

"What the fuck was that?" A voice exclaims, talking over a TV.

"Damn, he fucked up."

"Guys, look who I found," Ray says.

Ruben, Fourth Grade, and Stevie immediately snapped their heads up to look at me, each with different looks in their eyes. Confusion, shock, and hopefully happiness.

"Yo! Where the fuck have you been?" Ruben asks, jogging up to me.

"No fucking way," Fourth Grade and Stevie both say simultaneously.

I dapped each of them up, adjusting my beanie.

"I fucking missed y'all," I say, grinning.

"Fuck all that sappy shit, answer the question!" Ruben butts in.

I shake my head. "And you're still the same old Ruben, huh?"

"Don't hate," he shrugs.

"Ruben's right, you haven't been answering your phone or pager," Stevie adds.

I take a deep breath and shrug. "Well, if you must know, I was in rehab."

Everyone looked at each other, then back at me.

Ruben bursts out laughing in the midst of the silence. "Bro, be for real," he says.

"Wait, what?" Fourth Grade asks.

Ray cocked his head, and Stevie raised his eyebrows, not saying anything.

"What? You guys don't think I'd go to rehab?"

"No..." each voice says.

"Well I did," I say, pulling out my 1 month sobriety chip. "Here's some proof for you non believers," I toss it to Ray.

Everyone else huddles around him to take a look. "Wow. I'm proud of you man," he says, looking back up to me then giving me a hug.

"I don't even know what to say dude. Congrats. You earned it," Stevie says, doing our little handshake.

"No, for real. Good for you man," Fourth Grade says. "This is a Kodak moment," the flash flares in my eyes as I laugh.

"So..." Ruben starts. "Does that mean we get to call you Rehab now?"

"That's fucked up," I say, slapping his head, laughing. "No."

"I'm just playing, I'm proud of you."

"Well, Ruben was right earlier, I don't wanna get all sappy with y'all, all that matters is that I'm back—"

The door opens, and we all turn to see who was interrupting our conversation.

"What's up Lenae?" Ray says.

The girl walks up to him and gives him a hug, and he holds her by the waist.

"Woah, what the fuck did I miss?" I say, laughing and raising an eyebrow.

Right when I said that, the door opens again.

"Fuckshit? What are you doing here?" the voice asks.

I turn around to see who it was.

"Estee, Estee. I should be asking you that question."

I hooked up with Estee once, never again.

"Haha, very funny," she says, plopping down next to Fourth Grade, and a girl she brought with her follows along.

I don't know what the fuck I've missed in these past few months because last time I checked, we don't hang out with other people here; especially females.

I shake my head and cross my arms.

"So, you niggas gonna catch me up to speed?"

"Oh, right," Ray turns to me and laughs, nodding to Lenae, implying that she should introduce herself.

"I'm Lenae. Me and Ray met when he was in New York. You must be Fuckshit," she says, holding her hand out for me to shake it. "I've heard a shit ton about you."

"I would say 'hopefully good things', but I'm not gonna lie to myself," I say shaking her hand, and we both laugh.

"So... are you guys together or what?"

"A year tomorrow," Ray says, sitting on the arm of the couch.

"Nigga, are you for real? Now why would you not mention her a year ago then? Come on now." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Chill, chill, I wanted you to meet her first."

"Well, I'm happy for you two," I turn to Lenae. "Don't break this 'lil nigga's heart, for real," I say, pointing my pointer and middle finger to my eyes and back at hers.

Now, Ray telling me he has a whole girl a year after they started dating was annoying. Shit, at least I know now. I have a good feeling about her.

"We still have someone else you haven't met yet," he says, nodding to the couch.

My eyes swivel to the couch, and I finally take a good look at the girl that was with Estee.

Lyciana's POV

Right when Ray mentioned me, I looked up and this boy was observing me. I knew who he was; well, I knew of him. People talked about Fuckshit all the time, but I've never actually seen him before. The best way to describe him was pretty. I know that's kind of weird since he's a guy, but he just is, you know? Estee was right about his hair too. That shit's bomb.

"And who's this?" he says, pointing at me with his thumb, smirking.

"This is Cici," Estee exclaims, throwing her arms around me.

"Cici?" He crosses his arms. "That's your real name?"

"It's Lyciana."

"Lyciana. That's nice," he exchanges glances with Ray. Whatever that means.

"Right, who's tryna skate?" Ruben says, breaking the ice.

"You know we don't skate," Estee says.

"Okay? How are you gonna act like we invited you here? Watch or leave. The fuck?" Ruben replies, getting up and grabbing his board.

"Whatever."