Chess and Candy Cane Drama

Izuku's POV:

I looked up at the sound of the little bell ringing, signifying that somebody entered the cafe. I didn't need to look up to see who it is, because only a few people who come to the cafe are as unintentionally quiet as they are.

"Hey Sho!" I look up with a smile handing him his tea. He always comes to the cafe on Friday afternoon so I prepared his tea before he arrived.

Honestly when I first met him the fact that he was so quiet plus him being the son of Endeavor mad me wary of being around him but eventually I warmed up to him.

He always seemed emotionless but I figured he wasn't because a little over a year ago he asked me out and we've been dating ever since. It's been difficult to actually be together recently due to his father increasing his training seeing as the UA entrance exams are mere months away.

He takes his tea and goes to sit at his usual table. He's been doing this for almost two months now, but it's probably because of Endevwhore's training. I can't help but worry what that monster of a parent is doing to Sho.

After Sho finishes his tea he walks up to the register and pays. He's been paying in cash and I can only think of two reasons why. One, he doesn't want his father to know about him going to the cafe. And two, he wants to pay extra but the machine will only take the amount required to pay for the beverage. After that he walks out of the cafe before I get the chance to say anything to him.

Endevwhore must be doing something terrible if he's back to how bad it was in the beginning

At around two thirty a creature enters the cafe. I recognize them instantly. Here comes one of the best parts of my week. Chess and hero analysis with Nezu. I grab his previously prepared tea and make my way to our table, the chess set already prepared there.

"Hello Uni," the rodent starts. "I trust your prepared to loose again?" Nezu and I have been playing chess together since he started coming to the cafe about six months ago. Shōta had accidentally mentioned it and Nezu insisted he came here.

When the rodent first visited he was with Shōta and I invited Nezu to a chess match. I perked his interest when I beat him and now, after almost fifty games we are stuck at a draw. It's his turn to start with the first move.

"I won't be the one to lose today" I tell him with a smirk. Instead of replying he gives me his signature smirk and makes his move.

The match continues for a few hours and we talk about the recently debuted heros in the meantime. At some point the topic of vigilantes is brought up and we end up discussing All Life.

Obviously, I act like I only know what Shōta knows and that's basically nothing, plus a few theories on what his quirk might be. Granted they were all wrong. The closest one to being correct was the possibility of a regeneration quirk.

"Checkmate," The rodent looks at me and smiles. "Looks like I'm in the lead now, Nezu."

"That you are," Rat Satan shoots back. "Will you be attending the entrance exams Uni?"

"No, I've got work. Besides I'm already way passed high school level learning, but you already knew this," I remind the rat.

"Ah, yes I do remember you saying that," he says with a mischievous glint in his eye. I have a feeling he's gonna make me take the exam somehow. "Well, Uni, I really must be going now," He tells me as he makes his way out the door.

I smile and clean up the dirty tables before my shift ends. At five I make my way out of the cafe toward my home. I let my eyes wander from person to person, slipping from my cafe personality to my streets personality.

In the cafe I need to act relaxed in order not draw attention but on the streets you must always be on edge therefore I see the two places as holding different personalities.

As my eyes wander they land on a familiar peppermint haired male. Strange, didn't his father up his training? What's stranger is his company. A female with her spiky black hair in a high ponytail.

I can't help but feel my heart drop at the sight. I shake my head, surely this has to do with his father. Maybe this is somebody wealthy that he is required to socialize with. That's something Endeavor would do, right...?

Wrong. As I turn my attention back to the two I see my candy cane boyfriend lean over and kiss the girl on the lips. That does it. I am so done with the Todoroki family. I silently slip passed them, successfully not being noticed by my cheating boyfriend.

Looking back over the past few months I realize why he's been so distant and has been paying extra. He wants to yours use the money as a way to bribe me into not caring that he cheated.

When I get home I look at the file full of dirt on the worst Todoroki, Enji Todoroki AKA Endeavor. The peppermint would have to wait, because his father is going down first.

914 Words