𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱

You avoid your usual park for a few days, choosing instead to make the journey by train to a neighboring city in hopes of throwing him off your trail

You avoid your usual park for a few days, choosing instead to make the journey by train to a neighboring city in hopes of throwing him off your trail. (Gojo Satoru. The creep. Maybe nuisance was better suited for the circumstances but you were peeved by the loss of your typical park and would gladly comfort yourself by calling him as many names as you could think of.)

The other parks hadn't been bad—you'd probably have enjoyed the change of scenery under different circumstances, truth be told—but the feeling of being exiled from your hometown had sparked irritation deep within you. Why should you have to relocate because of some guy who couldn't take a hint and realize you were not interested in him?

The longer you thought about it (as the days pass and the memory of Gojo's insistence begins to fade into something more manageable) the more irritable you grew.

You cave in pretty quickly. (It really hadn't been that long since you'd visited, but you had a way of stubbornly fixating on small problems like this until they ate away at you.) You bob up and down on the balls of your feet, in the best mood you've enjoyed in a while as you walk the familiar path to the park. You still take care to avoid the bakery Gojo had mentioned frequenting—you could at least make that sacrifice. Visiting both places unscathed was unlikely.

There were plenty of parks in the city but you'd missed frequenting this one. It was a relic from your childhood, and a crucial part of your routine to unwind from the the stressors of your (mostly) unsatisfactory life. Whoever said absence makes the heart fonder was right—you didn't think you would miss such a simple part of your day-to-day life so much, but you think you might cry of relief at the sight of the familiar landscape.

You'd taken for granted the peace that sitting under a tree with a good book had granted you. Maybe your life sucked and school was stupid and office jobs were pointless soul-crushing money-making necessities, but at least you had this moment of peace with your stories and the fresh summer air.

You curse him for taking this away from you briefly. (You don't dare to even think his name lest you somehow accidentally summon him. You've had a lovely day of picnicking on the grass and thumbing through a book you'd been looking forward to reading thus far, and you didn't want anything to ruin this moment.)

"Care for a bite?"

(You have the world's shittiest luck.)

Though being snuck up on never loses its shock factor, you've at least gotten to a point where you can at conceal the adrenaline that's lit up your body with a cool demeanor. "Take a hint."

"Hm...I think you're hinting that you want a bite!" Gojo shoves something straight into your face, and you flinch so hard that you nearly fall flat onto your back. (At least you don't actually fall this time. You have to appreciate the little victories.)