𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗽𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

"Someone's here for you

"Someone's here for you."

"For me?" Maki nods. "If it's Gojo I'd rather you'd just say."

"I wouldn't let that dumbass kidnap you again," she scoffs. You appreciate the solidarity after he'd stolen you away. You're not letting him get away with a stunt like that again, not so easily. "Go see for yourself."

You're still a little uneasy, but you trust Maki, so you walk in the general direction she'd pointed to. You tear up a little when you notice it's Nanami who's been waiting for you by vending machines. He'd hate that (and you're a little embarrassed you'd gotten so emotional), so you pinch your cheeks and wipe your eyes and straighten yourself out before walking up to greet him. "What are you doing here?

"I'm dropping Itadori off."

"Oh." He's practical; it's a sensible answer.

"You've been training."

Oh, you think, smiling softly. "I have. I can't keep letting myself get beat up." He hums in agreement. "I took your advice. I forgave Gojo."

He doesn't look as proud as you'd expected. (Proud for him, which would've meant a slightly raised eyebrow and otherwise deadset expression.) The typically dour set of his mouth turns downwards. "I told you to do that?"

The good kind of nerves, the ones that had bubbled up inside of you at the sight of Nanami, turn uncomfortable and bad. You had fundamentally misunderstood him. "Your speech about poisoning myself by holding onto grudges, and how jujutsu sorcerers have to be vicious by nature, and how I shouldn't get caught up and move forward instead?" You shift to make eye contact with the toes of his copper colored loafers. "It really stuck with me."

"And the part about not trusting anybody?"

"...I thought that was a figure of speech. You know, like when people say don't wear your heart on your sleeve? I thought you were telling me not to do that."

He sighs. (Gojo meeting you...that couldn't have been dumb, bad luck. You're too well-matched for that.) (A normalperson would have run away and never looked back. You were too resilient; Gojo could only bend you out of shape, not break you entirely.) "And how has that gone?"

"Hm?"

"Forgiving Gojo?"

"Weird," you admit, "but it's better than hating him."

"He's a bad enemy to have."

"I don't know if we were ever enemies," you correct him with a throaty chuckle. "...but I agree. I like him a lot better like this."

You're not Nanami's job anymore, so he ignores the way your face softens and your eyes glisten. It's not his place to judge; Gojo's spell is hard to break away from. "You've been busy," he settles for commenting.