𝗵𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗶𝘁

"Where did they all come from?"

Utahime groans loudly. "You didn't tell that idiot, did you?"

You shake your head violently, holding up your hands in a show of innocence. "Swear on my life! I thought I'd done such a good job of keeping this secret. He's hardly been around because of work anyways!"

The two of you are crouched behind a port-a-potty, watching Gojo's students descend upon the beach excitedly. You want to believe it's just a funny coincidence that your meticulously planned beach day coincided with a class field trip, but judging by the fast-paced pulsing of the vein that's popped up against Utahime's temple that was wishful thinking.

You place a hand on her shoulder, a futile attempt at calming her down. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to thank you for all your help after getting mugged—!"

She whips around and grabs you by the shoulders. "You have nothing to apologize for. This is all his fault."

"We don't even know that he's here..." you begin, but the thought quickly dies off as Utahime's anger becomes palpable. (This cannot be good for her health.) She swings around violently, nearly knocking you off balance.

"Surprise~!"

You offer a small smile and wave at Gojo (who looks unfairly good in his swimwear, coverup be damned), but quickly drop your expression into a disappointed frown when Utahime turns to you for backup as she scolds him. "Typical of you to show up without an invite."

"Do I need an invitation to spend time with the light of my life?"

"Yes," she deadpans. "Right?"

You nod in agreement, though it's hesitant. (Yeah, Gojo shouldn't have intruded on your day off, but he called you the light of his life.)

He stretches out a lanky arm to pull you against him, back pressed to his firm chest. "Well it's too bad that you're both wrong."

Utahime doesn't have a chance to respond, not between Gojo's arrogant laughter and the sudden presence of several high schoolers that are staring all too closely at how comfortably Gojo's draped his arm against your waist. She composes herself impressively quickly, excusing herself and leaving you to fend off the teenagers on your own.

You awkwardly offer your name, and are met with equally awkward introductions. (You're reminded of Utahime's reaction to meeting you, and not in a good way.) The students eye you like you're an alien speaking in tongues. You chalk it up to the oddity of Gojo dating (which really makes you wonder what exactly he's done to earn such a reputation), and you won't let that ruin the fun of your staycation.

"Well, this isn't how I imagined us all meeting," Gojo cuts in cheekily, "but let's all do our best to get along."

It's almost too teacher-like of a thing to say from a man like Gojo, and clearly the students think so too because they disperse fast, their confused mumbling fading into the background. You're confused too, even more so when he leans over to pinch your cheek before taking off running after them. (You like him so much that it's silly.)