𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱

Gojo's late

Gojo's late.

You tap your foot against the sidewalk, irritated. Punctuality had never been your strong suit, but showing up over half an hour late to a date he'd begged you for was ridiculous. (Had you really been pranked?) Maybe you should have insisted on meeting at a restaurant with a reservation instead of a smaller business. No—the idea of having to wave off the servers with pitiful excuses like "He's coming soon!" as though in a sitcom was physically painful. You'd rather the only night that was ruined be your own.

You've already called him twice, and gone straight to voicemail both times. You don't want to call again for fear of appearing obsessed, but it's either that or continue loitering outside of the shop (which you can't take for much longer).

You jump when the world disappears from view, but quickly recognize the cold hands pressed against your eyes. "Guess who?"

(To feign forgiveness and play nice, or go all out and grill him for wasting so much of your time?) "Gojo! I didn't think you'd ever show up." You're careful to keep your tone light enough to pass as teasing, though you're fairly irked.

His hands move from your eyes to your cheeks, pinching them playfully. (He was awfully touchy for a stranger.) "Did you miss me? Work ran late."

"A message would have been nice," you hum lightly, trying and failing to disentangle yourself from his grasp. (He was strong.)

"Are you mad at me?"

You don't know whether you find the pouty tone of voice he's using endearing or a complete turn-off. "No. Let's just get some dinner."

"Yay~!"

His mood is, you hate to admit, completely infectious. Your own is already beginning to lighten despite the time you'd just wasted nervous about being stood up.

Those nerves return tenfold when Gojo settles himself into a seat and calls out his order loudly. You jump up.

"A-are you a regular?"

"Yep! This is the best place for sushi in town. The owners love me." You stiffen. There aren't any menus that you can spot, and you've never been to this place. And wasn't Gojo acting a little too comfortable here? "Aren't you going to sit too?"

Is this a date or a night out on the town with the boys?

You sit primly, gingerly resting on the edge of the seat across his.

"Go ahead and order something!"

"I've never been here before..."

Gojo holds up a finger, beaming as though he'd just realized something important. "I know all the best meals on the menu—I'll order for you!"

You tap your fingers against the tabletop, restless. For someone so talkative he's not making any small talk. (You note how he's kept his sunglasses on in the building. That meant he'd been wearing them outside too—it's been too dark for you to notice then. Would it be rude to ask about them? You're curious, and in desperate need of a topic of conversation.)