13: Come With Us

I took a deep breath as I walked up and started to talk to her. She was looking down so she didn't notice me. I turned to see Jerry, observing from a distance. I turned back to her and prepared my self.

Here we go.

"Ms. Silverman?" I said.

She looked up towards me, tears in her eyes. I tensed up at the sight of her in pain.

"Jackson? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well, I was out with a friend and I saw you here. What's going on?" I asked, sitting down on the bench next to her.

"Oh it's nothing. It's just that my date left me. He never showed up and stopped answering my texts."

My heart dropped as I felt the urge to cry. God dammit. Why does it have to happen to the most beautiful woman in the world?

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's fine, really. It's just with the fact that I'm pregnant, I'm not going to find someone who loves me."

That someone is sitting right next to you.

"Listen, you don't need him. There are plenty of other men out there for you to go after. You just got to find the right one. To be honest, I've had kind of the same problems you've been having so I can relate to that. I just can't find the right girl for me. Every time I think I find the right person, they end up leaving."

"Why?" She asked, looking up at me with those adorable eyes.

I blushed and looked off into the distance.

"Beats me. I don't know what it's about really. I don't know if it's me or them but I just can't seem to figure it out." I said.

There was a long pause. Neither of us knew what to say. That was until I broke the silence.

"Hey, how about you join me and my friend and just hang out with us?"

She thought for a moment.

"Sure. That sounds fun." She said.

"Alright. Let me show you him." I said, standing up.

I led her over to Jerry, who was still standing off to the side. He was observing us but when we started walking towards him, he looked away.

"Ms. Silverman, this is Jerry Byrd. He's my closest friend."

Jerry extended his hand out to shake hers.

"Nice to meet you." He said.

We walked for a while and talked about different things. It was a nice experience. We stopped at this burger place and got burgers. Me and Ms. Silverman found this ledge to sit on that looked out into the night sky. Jerry came back with his food and put it next to us.

"I've gotta use the bathroom. I'll be back." He said.

He gave a slight eyebrow raise at me as he turned to walk away. That was his way of signalling that he was lying, giving me time to talk to her.

The sky was beautiful, just like her. It was clear, not a single cloud in the sky. The stars had come out and we were able to see them clearly.

"These are good burgers." She said.

"Yeah. I used to go to this place a lot as a kid. Of course, I wouldn't eat I would just run around and be a nuisane to my parents." I laughed.

"I was the same way with my parents only this time, I was a girl."

We both laughed.

Then, I heard Ms. Silverman gasp and look down at her belly.

"What is it?" I asked, concerned.

She looked up at me with the biggest smile.

"The baby is moving." She said.

"Aww. That's nice." I said.

"Would you like to feel?" She asked.

I was shocked. I've never felt a pregnant bump before. I got nervous.

"I've never felt anyone's pregnant belly before." I said, nervously.

"Here, give me your hand." She said, reaching out for my hand.

She grabbed my hand as she guided it towards her belly, my heart racing as she did. She placed my hand on her belly and I felt it. I felt the baby moving. It was the most beautiful feeling in the world. Her skin was still squishy but you could still feel some tightness on it.

"Wow. That's amazing." I said.

She nodded at me and I blushed.

She then placed her head on my shoulder, resting it.

I think I've made it.