28: After the Delivery

Dr. Watson took Anna's baby to get it measured and weighted. Anna took this time to get some rest. She did have a pretty stressful day. They were going to keep her here for a couple days and hopefully release her by Wednesday. I was going to go back to school, unfortunately, because I had to. I was looking out into the night, admiring the night sky. I walked over to Anna. She was sleeping like her usual adorable self. She was curled up on the bed, her face being squished by her arms and her breasts. Her hair all messy. I looked at her and smiled. I put my hand on hers. She opened her eyes a bit and spoke.

"Thank you for being here." She said with a smile.

"It was an honor to be here with you for your delivery." I said.

"Do you think you're ready to step in as a father figure?" She asked.

I thought. If I said yes, I would be spending the rest of my life with her, the most wonderful woman in the world. The one I cared about a lot. The one that I loved with all my heart and more. My dream of having children with her would come true. If I said no, it would break her heart, which would break my heart.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said.

The door opened and a tall figure with a good build stepped into the room. I recognized him almost immediately.

It was Jerry.

"Well, looks like I missed the delivery. They only granted me visitation just now." He said.

"You're fine." I said.

We walked over to us.

"How'd the birth go?" He asked.

"It was a bit painful but ya know?" She said, laughing.

"Yeah, I get that."

We stood in silence for a bit before I turned to Anna.

"I'm gonna let you get your sleep, you need it. I gotta go to school tomorrow. I promise as soon as I get off, I'll come here and see you." I said.

"Okay, baby." She said, tiredly.

I kissed then hugged her. Me and Jerry walked out of the room and closed the door. We began to walk down the hallway. We went into the elevator and began to go down.

"So, do you still love her? Even after she's not pregnant?"

"Of course I do. I liked her back when she wasn't pregnant. She's my everything."

"Are you ready to step in as a father figure, though?" He asked.

I stopped.