5

You stand still, the feeling of dread plagues your mind. The aggravation continues to taunt at you as the fabric of your costume rests uncomfortably on your skin.
Another operation was ahead of you, was it an operation? hard to tell.
You, reo, ayato and kaneki were paired up together for this mission, a mission that required disguises.

Now standing in front of the mirror, the image that laid before you felt rather humiliating.
Not that the outfit was ugly or anything, it was merely a silky shorter dress with a leather jacket layered on top of it.
Yet the thought of your "working friends" seeing you in that only made you feel worse.

Nonetheless, you left your place and quickly made your way to the desired destination with a forced smile etched onto your face as you tried to mask the absurdity of it all.

————————————————————————-

"why, why a nightclub" You pry with dissatisfaction at the sight that settled before you; a nightclub.
"all we have to do is blend in for a bit, then destroy the place and kill everyone in it" Ayato remarked.
"i still don't get why we have to do such a thing" reo complained.
"there's no reason, just wanna provoke those doves a little, we're a much bigger threat than they think we are and since they have so much time on their hands capturing and killing us ghouls, a little incident like this shouldn't be a problem"
Ayato concluded.

In that moment, everyone's determination suddenly improved to a vast extent. Ayato was right, as guilty as they may feel, many ghouls had to have their lives cruelly robbed by the ccg investigators. No matter how much they try, they will always be seen as the villains, that stereotype has stuck with all of them for so long that there's no need to try and deny the fact that ghouls are indeed monsters, so why not embrace it.

As all of them successfully made it into the nightclub, nothing but curiosity wandered about their minds.
The inside of the club was like dancing on the Northern Lights; beneath the dry-ice smoke swirled an array of blues, acid greens, hot pinks and gold. The music played over the dance floor as if had fused with the bodies.
Reo had parted ways with everyone to take control of the electricity sources while the rest of the group blended in with the crowd, waiting for the right moment.

"want a drink?" Kaneki offered.

"i guess nightclubs aren't really your thing" The blonde haired boy guessed with a glass of scotch in his hand.
The two of you were now sat together by a bar. You couldn't tell if it was the booze of the amount of alcohol you consumed before the operation that made you feel this way, but for some reason, you suddenly came to be more fond of kaneki.
He had a black suit on him, and he wore finely tailored shoes. Even the way he held his drink in his hand all seemed so appealing to you. He looked so ethereal to the eyes. The ambiance just worked with him.

The bar was hundreds of conversations told in loud voices, all of them competing with the rock music that dominated the atmosphere. The exhilaratingly busy aura of the crowd contrasted so captivatingly with the elegant and soothing vibe from the bar.
"it's noisy, i can hear so much yet so little" You replied, though you barely had to scream as kaneki had brought his chair closer to you.
"are we, really gonna kill everyone here?" He asked, his facial expression immediately changed.
"don't think we have a choice"

During this very second, the two of you held your gazes on each other.
You took this opportunity to look at the every fine details of his face, yet after seeing that sorrowful look on him, you couldn't help but feel a sense of pity.
The pain was evident in the crease of his  brow and the down-curve of his lips. And his eyes, his eyes showed his soul. They were a deep pool of restless gold, an ocean of hopeless grief.

"y/n" He called out.
"why are you here?
why are you living your life like this, in so much pain, when you could do so much better?"

You were completely taken back by his words, and frankly a little angered. He didn't know a thing about you and for him to make such a bold assumption like that didn't sit right with you. Yet you chose not to mind, because everything he said was something that would cross your mind every so often, everything he said was true.

You're finally able to get ahold of yourself once you feel the strong nudge on your shoulder from ayato.
All eyes were now laid on him, and that rush of adrenaline began to cunningly tingle down your spine yet again as he gives out the signal.
"be prepared"

In a blink of an eye, darkness had conquered the room and any sign of light had dispersed into thin air. The loud blasting noise of the music died down in an instance. Gasps and cries scarcely muttered in your ears, and it was only a matter of time before more and more people began to let out worries and calls for help.

Knowing the orders you'd been given, the pupils of your eyes began to resemble that of the colour red.
The irksome sound of your kagunes breaking out echoed throughout the now otherwise silent room.
The three other ghouls followed your lead and allowed their true natures to lay bare.
You take in one final deep breath and immediately used your long and hard tentacles to smash the bodies of every human before you.
As the others effortlessly did the same, you continued to use your kagunes to shatter the ceilings and the walls of the buildings to cause more of a ruckus.
With every minute passing by, more and more bodies gruesomely fell to the ground and soon, every human ended up dead.
Every glimpse of guilt was written well on your face.

"it's done, we have no time to wait around. let's go now"

this chapter lowk kinda sucks but the next ones will be more promising n a lot more focused on kaneki x y/n's growing relationship