Chapter 1- Death

Death watched the boy. He watched him laugh and play at the age of five. He somehow knew that the boy would grow up turn to him in the future.
  The boy? His name was Xiao Xingchen. He was a happy young man who always helped those in need. However, there was something off about him to the world.
  He never asked for anything from his parents, nothing like a sword or a fan or a jewel. The only thing he would ask for was to die.
   Death watched his every move and watched for when they would meet, he just didn't expect to fall in love and meet him so soon.
  "You're early," Death said.
  "Who are you?" The now teenage boy asked.
  "Call me...Xue Yang."
  "What are you then?" Xingchen asked. Death, or Xue Yang, looked at him with gentle eyes.
   "I'm an immortal," Xue Yang replied, "I am Death."
  "Death? Why are you here?"
  "You are dreaming, and in a coma," Xue Yang said, "I just came here to accompany you."
  "Thank you I guess," Xingchen say down in the dark room. He looked around and saw nothing but darkness and Xue Yang standing next to him.
  "How old are you kid?" Xue Yang asked.
  "14 now," Xingchen said.
  "You're young, I never had anyone as young as you here. How did you get in a coma?"  
  "Loss of blood," Xingchen guessed, "I don't know."
  "Why?"
  "Tried to kill myself," Xingchen replied.
  "Stupid," Xue Yang chuckled, "you humans are really stupid, it's unbelievable."
"Why?" Xingchen asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. His eyes innocent and sweet, a pout on his lips.
"Because you want to die so early, who wants to die and do nothing but relive over and over again until you turn into a spirit permanently," Xue Yang said.
"I wouldn't mind that," Xingchen whispered.
Xue Yang heard this, despite the fact that it was so soft. "You really are an odd one," he scoffed with a smile.
Xingchen looked up at him, "What about you? How did you turn into Death the Immortal?"
"Simple, I died after killing so many people, the only punishment I received was being Death."
"Like you said, you're an odd one," Xingchen laughed.
"Why?"
"Who kills while they're alive? It makes no sense," Xingchen said. He felt something sharp poke his chest and looked down, there was a bright light coming from his chest.
"Guess it's time for you to leave, I'll see you when you die," Xue Yang grabbed Xingchen's hand and bowed, before planting a kiss on the knuckle.
"Au revoir," Xingchen chuckled.
"Au revoir," Xue Yang replied, before watching Xingchen disappear into the darkness.