Chapter 2- Wine

"Xingchen! Can you pay this time? I forgot my money," the boy said. He was one of Xingchen's best friends since middles school, Wen Chao.
"You always forget your wallet," Xingchen chuckled, "but sure." He took out his wallet and paid for their meal.
"Thank you," Wen Chao smiled.
"No problem," Xingchen said as they walked out of the store. They said their goodbyes and walked opposite directions.
Xingchen walked home and on the way saw a valley. He knew it was a shortcut so decided to walk down it. As he was walking he saw a figure up ahead, "Um, hello? Who are you?"
"Help....me," the man whispered before falling down to the ground. Xingchen's eyes widened, he ran to the man.
He checked the man's pulse and felt nothing, he knew the man was dead. He sighed before standing up and walking away.

Xue Yang was still watching over Xingchen. No matter how much he tried he couldn't forget the man.
He watched him through the day and guarded his dreams at night to make sure the man was safe.
  As time went by he noticed that the man was still odd. Xingchen would rarely eat and he always dug his nails on his skin when he was stressed, leaving marks all over his arms.
  Xue Yang knew that there was something wrong with the man. He also knew that there was something wrong with him.
  He wasn't the best himself. Every time he watched Xingchen laugh and smile, his heart would grow warm and he felt a smile creep up on his own face.
Death knew what was happening. He had seen it so many times after watching the human world for so many years. It was love.
But he knew, that they could never be together. No matter how hard he tried, humans and immortals couldn't be together.

Xingchen woke up the next day and took a bath. When he stepped into the water, he felt a stinging pain cover his arms, legs, and hips.
He sighed, I should've put something on them.
After showering he changed into his clothes and combed through his long hair. He connected the two front pieces on the back and used a string to tie it. Then set off to see his friends.
He saw Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng arguing again, and giggled. "Hey!" He called out, "Why are you two fighting again?"
"Xingchen! He started it!" Wei Ying said pointing at Jiang Cheng who gasped.
"You lying-!"
Xingchen laughed, "Alright, relax."
Jiang Cheng immediately shut his mouth and crossed his arms. "Why do I always get in trouble?"
"You don't," Xingchen sighed. He smiled, "Who wants to go drink a bit?"
"Me!" Wei Ying exclaimed, raising his hand.
"I'll go, I guess," Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes.
"Good, let's go. I'll pay," Xingchen offered.
"Thanks Xingchen," Wei Ying ran off to the nearest wine store.
The other two followed him and they found a store to eat at. They sat down at a table and Wei Ying called a waiter over, "Waiter! We're ready to order!"
The waiter rushed over, "Young Masters, what would you like?"
"I'll take a jar of your strongest wine!" Wei Ying said.
"Me too," Jiang Cheng said, glaring at Wei Ying. He wasn't going to let the man win against him.
"And you?" The waiter asked Xingchen.
"Nothing, that will be it," Xingchen replied.
"Alright, I'll be right back!" The waiter ran off.
Xingchen watched the man leave and turned back to his friends. He looked at them through soft eyes and suddenly looked as if he remembered something.
He sighed silently and looked down at the table. "Hey, Xingchen, are you alright?"
Xingchen looked up to see Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng looking at him concerned, "Ah? Are you two really worried about me?"
Jiang Cheng stammered, "E-eh? Of course no, we were just wondering why look so gloomy."
Xingchen chuckled, "Sure, but I'm fine."
The waiter came back and set their wine down before leaving.
Xingchen suddenly stood up after a while, "I just remembered that I have go do something. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"
"Sure!" Wei Ying smiled, "See you!"
Xingchen nodded and walked outside. He walked straight to his house and found the closest scissors, before taking his hair and cutting it off.
He cut and cut until his hair was only shoulder length. Xingchen smiled and made a half ponytail, before cleaning up and leaving.