Chapter 4- Immortal

Xingchen was starting to fade away. Xue Yang knew it the moment the man stopped hanging out with his friends and stopped leaving his house.
Xue Yang knew that it was time to do something. So on a peaceful night he invited himself into Xingchen's dreams. He said, "Xingchen, you little idiot, why have you changed? You don't even look up at me anymore."
The man replied, "I have given up on finding those who truly care about me. I gave up on you too."
  "After everything," Xue Yang said, "I'm still with you. Why can't you see it? I care about you! I...I love you even!"
  Xingchen laughed, tears forming in his eyes, "You love me? You love me?! I thought you said humans were stupid!"
  Xue Yang put his hands on Xingchen's shoulders, "Shut up. I don't have much time bur I need you to stop this madness and seek help. I don't care who it is just tell someone how you're feeling."
  Xingchen shook his head softly, "I can't," he voice cracked, "I can't! They won't understand! Nobody understands!"
  "Then talk to me! Tell me how you feel and I'll help you!" Xue Yang retorted.
  "You won't understand either! I'm someone who wants to die while you're someone who wants to kill. I know you love me, but it won't work out. Even if you were alive."
  Xue Yang looked down, "Fine, do whatever you want. I don't care anymore." He let go of Xingchen before disappearing.

  Xingchen opened his eyes as he awoke, he sat up and winced at the cuts on his hips. He looked around and saw his sword sitting against his table, he sighed. Might as well do it now.
  He walked over to the sword and took out of it's sheath. He lifted it to his wrist and cut deeply. Then sat down and waited. He didn't have to wait for long before he passed out in the middle of his room.
  Opening his eyes he heard a voice, "Xingchen, what did I say?"
  He looked at Xue Yang, "I don't care what you say."
  "Well, if you don't care what I say you could've at least said goodbye to your friends," Xue Yang sighed. "Now all you can do is watch."
  "What do you mean by 'watch'?" Xingchen asked.
  "You have to watch their reaction to you dead on the floor," Xue Yang said. He lifted his arm and in front of them was a small screen. The screen showed Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng knocking at Xingchen's door.
  "Xingchen? You haven't showed up for a while already," Wei Ying said. "Please come out, we'll buy you a meal if you come out."
  "Just open the door," Jiang Cheng said.
  Wei Ying sighed, "Fine." He kicked down the door and walked inside. The two searched the rooms until Wei Ying saw Xingchen on the floor, with blood pooling around him.
   "Xingchen!" He yelled, "Xingchen, what happened?!" He saw the sword, "No, no, no, no! NO! Jiang Cheng! Get a doctor!"  
  "What happened?" Jiang Cheng ran to the room. He saw Xingchen, "Is he alright?"
  Wei Ying was sobbing at this point, "He tried to kill himself you dumbass! Get help!"
Jiang Cheng nodded and ran off. Wei Ying cried loudly, "Xingchen, it's going to be alright, I promise! Don't you dare leave!"
Xingchen, who was watching everything, had tears in his eyes. He closed his eyed as a tear fell.
"Now you understand? Not only do I love you, but they do too," Xue Yang said.
"I get it now, is there a way I can go back?" Xingchen asked.
"There is one way, but if you do it, you'll be immortal," Xue Yang said.
"I'll do it," Xingchen said, "I'll live a good life. Even if I can't die."
"If you don't do it, you can stay with me," Xue Yang offered, "I promise to take care of you."
"I don't belong with you," Xingchen whispered, "I belong on earth, with my friends."
Xue Yang sighed and nodded, "Alright." He grabbed Xingchen's face gently and kissed his lips.
He pulled away and nodded, "Now go, live your life."