The Arena

Chapter Three - The Arena

I can't believe I forgot how to put armor on. I sighed, Annabeth looked at me, "Is it too tight? I can loosen it for you," she offered, as she was doing the straps on my armor. Thanks to Annabeth's help I was able to get my armor on.

"No, it's alright. I'm just a little embarrassed that I forgot how to put armor," I smiled weakly. Annabeth smiled.

"It happens to the best of us, now get out there." She tossed me my sword and pushed me out the cabin door. When I entered the arena Percy was already there waiting for me. I looked around the arena, everyone's eyes were on me. "Ready Sis?" Percy snickered. I smirked, shifted my feet and got into position, "Oh my baby brother, you have no idea."

"Is everyone ready?" Percy and I nodded 'yes', "Fight!" Dionysus shouted.

Percy was the first to advance, lunging right towards me. Taking a few steps to the left, I pivot to the side moving out of the way. I swept his foot under making him hit the ground, landing on his hands. He quickly recovered getting back on his feet and lunge at me again, quicker this time. Just in time, I leaned backward the tip of his blade nearly scraping my chest plate. I parry my blade with his, deflecting his blade out of the way. For a while, we circled each other waiting for one of us to make the next move. I went in, using his blade he blocked mine and counter-attacked swinging his blade at me. Which in turn, starting a series of engagement between our blades. As our swords clashed against one another, the arena was still and quiet only the sound of steel rung in the air.

Once again our steel made contact, but this time Percy didn't fall back. Instead, with his sword, he pushed a great deal of force on top of mine. Making me bend backward weakening my stance causing me to lose balance almost making me crumble to the ground. But, I wasn't going to let that happen, I grasp the hilt of my sword with both hands, shifting my feet outwards, widening my stance and pushed against his steel. Sliding my blade against his forming an 'x' with our faces centimeters apart. For a moment we just stood there, staring into each other's eyes taking in deep and heavy breaths. I noticed a knick on his right cheek where a thin flow of crimson trickled down his face. I felt a sting above my left brow, where scarlet began to flow and seep into the corner of my eye, it was very annoying. But, with the situation I was in, I had to do my best to ignore it.

"Not bad, sis. You're doing quite well," His voice was jagged and breathless. I could he was giving everything he's got, as was I. Mixed in with blood and dirt that painted our faces, little beads of sweat glimmered on our skin, and our breathing is heavy. To save my strength, I only smiled at him. I needed to create some space between us, this little position we are in isn't going to get us anywhere. So I shifted my feet straight, bent my elbows and pushed against him gaining enough momentum to spring myself backward and create the space I needed. I quickly wiped the blood out of my eye, only for it to start bleeding again. I knew if I didn't clog the cut, it won't stop bleeding considering where I got cut, but I didn't have the time for that. I locked my gaze with his and advanced towards him, first taking a few steps to the left then to the right. To trick him I made a feint attack, receiving a defensive reaction from him giving me the opportune moment for my genuine attack. When in range, I used the hilt of my sword to knock his out of his hand, then sliding into the dirt I used my leg to sweep his from under him falling to the ground.

As I started to get back on my feet, I felt a throbbing sensation in my left palm, little scrapes covered my palm. When I slid into the ground I must've scraped my hand against some rocks. Little beads of blood began to surface, along with the cut still bleeding down my face, which was getting extremely annoying. To quickly remedy my problem, I grabbed some of the dirt off the ground and rubbed it over my cut, clogging it and the bleeding stopped. Not the most sanitary thing to do but when you're in a fight you don't necessarily care about those things. I rubbed the rest of the dirt into my palm and stood on my feet. I walked over towards Percy, tightening my grip on the hilt of my blade. I tapped the tip of my blade underneath his chin, "Surrender, little brother?"