3

Welcome to Chapter 3! Don't forget to play the song when you see the video, to get the full experience :)

-

Faster than I thought my feet could take me, I rush down the stairs at the back of our penthouse. On my way I trip about three times, almost fall on my face, but reach the outside air in one piece, with my heart racing like it's out of control. But I got away, I got out, and that's what matters.

I know I have to be quick if I don't want Harry to be able to follow me, but luckily I immediately spot Louis' black Bentley waiting in front of the building, the engine still rolling, ready to take off.

The window of the passenger seat lowers, and Niall's head appears. "Get in, Principessa."

I skip to the car, opening the door and almost throwing myself in the backseat. Both Louis and Niall are in the front ones, turned around with bright smiles on their faces.

"I got your text. I assume your bodyguard arrived?" Louis playfully raised an eyebrow, as Niall tries to hide a chuckle. Funny boys.

"Yes, and if you don't start fucking driving, that same bodyguard will haunt me down and this will be the last time you see my face." I'm still panting from rushing down the stairs, so out of breath my heart could explode out of my chest any minute.

He immediately taps the accelerator with his foot, speeding up and leaving the penthouse behind us. "Message received," he mumbled, eyes focused on the road to get away as quickly as possible.

With the back of my hand I wipe off the sweat on my forehead. "Dio mio, I think I just broke the record of sprinting. I had some serious speed if I do say so myself."

With trembling hands of adrenaline I grab the tiny little hand mirror I always carry out of my pocket. When I notice I forgot my actual lipstick bullet, I curse extensively, but check my lips anyway, even though it's useless. Luckily the cherry red color is still perfectly painted on, and bright as ever. Sighing relieved I put away the mirror again, not being as upset I forgot the lipstick bullet anymore. I hate it when my lips aren't their usual color.

Niall turns around in his seat again to face me, a grin playing on his lips. "Not a good first impression with Mr Bodyguard, I assume?" His eyes are sparkling, he's clearly gloating.

I punch him against his shoulder, not caring whether I'm gentle or not. "You think this is funny, don't you? I'm stuck with someone watching me 24/7 while you're off living your best life. It's not fair."

"No, it really isn't," Louis admitted, hands on the weel and eyes on the road. "Especially since our parents left this morning for Italy as well, to accompany your father."

"What?!" I yell, not able to believe what I'm hearing. "And of course I am the only one stuck with a bodyguard and you get to stay home alone. Why not."

Niall snickers, still amused about all of this. "I'm sorry, Principessa, your dad is just a little more important than ours are. We're in no danger alone, and that's the least we can say about you."

"Yours are Uomini d'Onore as well," I protest, but somewhere in the back of my head I know our situations are far from the same.

"But they're not Il Capofamiglia," is Louis' simple explanation, shrugging like it's a given.

"I guess." I slid down in my seat and pull my legs up. Even though I get it, it's still not fair. I have the most amazing, exciting life ever, with never once a dull moment, but I can't help worrying about Papà's countless of enemies wanting to shoot me in the head. Kind of ruins the fun of all of it.